Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched and couldnt find the answer. Well today it was warm so i took my sick old butt outside to work on the bronco it lost oil pressure again and needed the oil pickup screen cleaned. Well it has been sitting for three weeks. Well i tried cleaning the screen but there was too much crap in it so i got a new one, and now when i start it up i got good oil pressure i just got this annoying lifter noise now. is there anything i can add to it to make it go away. just want to keep it running till i can get a new engine

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
I once had lifter noise, it was 3 missing cam lobes, it still ran for 2 days, utill I rebuilt the top end. :cry

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
Sounds like one or more lifters collapsed from low oil pressure try running it for a while thy might pump up if not its lifter time Ive seen people fix sticky lifters by adding atf or diesel to oil to clean them with atf you can drive it i would not drive it with diesel in it good luck.:thumbup

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
You took your oil pan off again? Are you a glutten for punishment or what? Unless it gets really bad just baby it until you get your new motor.

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
I once had lifter noise, it was 3 missing cam lobes, it still ran for 2 days, utill I rebuilt the top end. :cry
Maybe a flat cam that would suck.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
waltman said:
You took your oil pan off again? Are you a glutten for punishment or what? Unless it gets really bad just baby it until you get your new motor.

im used to it now walt it only took about an hour and a half this time start to finish. i was going to try and add some of that CD2 crap for lifter noise and see if that happens. it is just strange cause it wasnt doing that before it sat up for three weeks. strange

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
LAST HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!! TRY SEAFOAM

a couple members on here freed up sticky lifters w/ seafoam. Give it a shot...ull never know...go pick up two or three cans at napa/autozone. Run one in your oil crancase and let it run some...preferably drive it 50 miles...if ya cant do that just find someway to get it in the valley really good and it will soak in.,.

dc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts