Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
dude- you might have read the sticky...but you forgot to use the search button.
im in a fairly good mood- and i got introuble last time i reamed a new guy... so im gonna give you my advise on your question.

yes- a 6" on 35s is great- and will work fine for your truck. youll have to consider re-gearing and lengthening the driveshaft.

if you search this site- youll find alot of different opinions of lift brands and tires.

LIFTS.
if you want something that is tough- but wont COMPLETELY break the bank- look at skyjacker or superlift.
if you dont give a damn about price- hit up BDS.
if you want something that will perform kinda ok, but is cheap, go with a rough country or tuff country.

TIRES.
if you want something that is great off road, but you still get good road wear- youll want an all-terrain tire.
maybe consider the goodyear MTR, BFG all-terrain k/o, BFG mud-terrain, super swamper ssr, super swamper tsl radial, procomp baja claw radials, etc.

4wheelcustoms.com has good deals on everything youll need- Chris is a member of FSB and he's a great with customer service. he can tell you all about different lifts and ideas for your ideal setup.
but- shop around, you might be able to find your desired liftkit/tires somewhere else for cheap.
i DO NOT recommend 4wheelparts...but youll get robbed- then butt-raped, then rubbed again- and they wont be friendly about it.
alot of guys here have had crappy experiences with 4wheelparts.

this should help you out- and others will add their .02.

oh yeah- and some guys will probably light your ass up for asking such a noob question... so get the KY ready...
ace

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
fukk that was long... but i think itll help!
ace

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
i personally, and i think i speak for a few people here, dont think its such a good idea to run that big of a setup on the TTB axle. some people have run it- and have broken all sorts of stuff the first time on the trails.
other people have run it on/off road and have had minor issues. things like snapping axle shafts, spider gears, etc, are expected when putting that much stress on the crappy TTB axle.
if you were to use that lift and tire combo youd need:
skyjacker 8" kit
39.5" iroks
a good amount of fender trimming (3" range)
upgraded rotors and pads (those stock rotors are nothing compared to those tires)
extended break lines
re-gearing (4.88ish?)
i would highly suggest adjusting the driveshafts

also take into consideration that your tire wear/ allignment is goign to suck pretty bad. you could end up with \--0-/ or /--0-\. that camber issue is easier adjusted with a smaller lift/tire combo.

id go with a 6" on 35"s- maybe 37s...but thats pushing it.
or you could allways go SAS...
ace

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.