Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I know I ask a lot of questions, but I'm in the process of lifting my truck and I have no other source of info... I have no experience too so you guys are my hope of actually getting it right!
Anyway, the situation is this: I lifted the truck, superlift 4". in the back, a block on top of the stock wedge and an add a leafe kit.
the problem is that when I drive faster then 45-5- mph, loud whining noise is coming from the back. at first I thought it was because it needed alignment but that is not the case cause I hade it aligned and still the noise is there. other options are the angles of the driveshaft but I know nothing about it. any thoughts?

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
i thought the block was supposed to go on the bottom of the factory shim block. check your pinion angle and make sure it is right and did you make sure you retorqued everything

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
loud whining noise coming from the back could be a pinion whine, or bad bearing in the rear axle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If it didn't do it at all before you put the lift, then my guess would defenetly be your pinion angle is off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts