Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im finally lifting the '89 tomorrow. ProComp 6". Extended radious arms and the works. Its blocked, but i dont care. Im no hardcore wheeler. A
Anyway doing it tomorrow. Will definetely post pics in the even.

Also it has leafs, thats have one more leaf than stock. I thought that was add-a-leaf, and that was to do away with the blocks??

Wish me luck :thumbup

-Vance

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well all didnt go as planned. Somehow, we didnt have the drivers side ttb axle pivot drop thing. (Forget what its actually called.)
So called four wheel parts and itll be here wednesday.
Got everything else mounted and drilled, and the rear is all done as well.

Will keep ya posted with pics when its done

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Drilling the holes in the frame for the radius arms is a BI*%H! Good luck! Im glad I don't have to do that again!

You will love the lift though, even with the blocks.

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part sill hasnt come...

AV.NINE how did you know where to drill the holes for the RA brackets? I figured id have to wait till the whole ttb/ front end
was back on the car and basically drill them where the arms go, if that makes sense.
How did you do them?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
No no... Dont do that because your beams will be moving forward and back when you unbolt your radius arm from your beam, if that makes sense. Just measure 15"s back from one of your stock holes (center of the hole) punch it and drill. Put first bolt in with your bracket then basically just drill where your holes are in the radius arm bracket.

I hope that made sense to everyone. Hahaha!

To put it simply measure 15"s back, drill the first hole, then bolt in your bracket (not connected to radius arm) using the 1 bolt hole you just drilled. Your bracket will stay in place so you can drill your other holes.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Invest in a nice drill bit or two (30-40 bucks) and use some cutting fluid for the frame holes.

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay thankyou ver much that makes total sense. I just wasnt sure how many inches i should put it back.
part still hasnt come...

Also, what do you do about the rear brake line? I have extended lines for the front obviously, but the rear isnt just a take off thing. Do i get some kinda of exstension?
Or do i replace the whole system back there?

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh okay. Well than i wont worry about the rear.
Thank you much for the help i appreciate it.
Hopefully my part comes soon. Will keep ya updated

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More sh*tty news.. :banghead
truck is sitting on stand, the front that is, and got bumped.. something... and fell off :banghead :banghead
No damage was done except that the passengers side ttb drop bracket got a lil bent. Ill take it off and bang it out in the morning :wtf

GOOD news though is the other bracket is here, ill get it in the morning.

Never anticipated it would take thisss longgg.
The never ending thread

-Vance

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's never good. Hope everything goes smooth
Of course it doesnt. Got the part today, the ordered the passengers side. I ordered the drivers side :banghead

*sigh*

·
Registered
331 Posts
keep the drill bit well lubed during drilling, it will last longer and cut better... and make your work alot easier...

·
Registered
413 Posts
well... where are the photos?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts