Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
I'm stuck :)
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ahh im like a little kid in a candy shop!.... i finally have all the parts to just do the lift... the steering arms and knuckle over top, gears, and driveshaft stuff is soon to come though! thanks for listening, i know this is probably one of the most pointless threads ever but oh well... if you would please post up things to watch out for and tips and tricks... THANKS!:thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
ahh im like a little kid in a candy shop!.... i finally have all the parts to just do the lift... the steering arms and knuckle over top, gears, and driveshaft stuff is soon to come though! thanks for listening, i know this is probably one of the most pointless threads ever but oh well... if you would please post up things to watch out for and tips and tricks... THANKS!:thumbup
Congrats man :thumbup
This is definitely not a pointless thread!!! You are about to embark on a right of passage amoungst Bronco owners, hehe, ok maybe thats a little overdramatic, but still...Weve all felt the trill youre feeling now.

Advice.......read, read, read, and then read some more!!! Youll find great tech write ups, and how to's with detailed explanations and pics on this site, along with very knowledgable guys wholl help you along the way.
Also, give the details of your lift (height, tires, gears, steering, etc) along with your intended use (street, sand, rocks, mud, mild, heavy duty, etc).
Then, post pics of your ride (I see you have one) and all the gear youve collected. Then post your progress with further pics and a brief summary. Make it a story we all can enjoy!! Youll get plenty of input and advice along the way . I cant tell you how much money and time I have saved from the advise given in this forum.

Sorry for the long winded response. Happy lifting bro!!!! :thumbup

·
Registered
13 Posts

:rockon thats sick man. still savin up for my lift, good luck wit the instulation;)

·
fishin' without dad
1,190 Posts
I hope it goes well. I got some help installing my 6" skyjacker a couple of weeks ago and should be getting the steering corrected tomorrow and getting the alignment done. i am still excited about the lift..... that may be cause I ain't got to even drive it yet. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,047 Posts
Yep.... like Muffinman said..... read.... read... read.

Get familiar with the parts and what other folks here have gone through. Lessons learned from others is invaluable. :thumbup

Get all your appendages of destruction together. Getting the old parts off is a lot harder than getting the new ones on with out the right tools.

Air is your friend if you have access to a compressor and the tools! If not a grinder is you're next best friend.... don't forget a BMFH and good chisels.

Good luck.... ignore the pain and blood (it all heals) and post pics of your progress.

Here's a link to the thread I posted when I lifted mine from 4" - 6"
~CLICK~ Might be some helpful pics and info in there for ya?

·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill start taken pics here soon, my buddy and i are making sure we got all the parts and tools we need... im leaving this site up on his labtop just in case....

·
Registered
162 Posts
congrats man! a little advice, have a buddy handy, the worst part for my lift was rehanging both halves of the axles, and getting the radius arms back in the drop brackets. a buddy helping while doing this will make it go much easier as i did it alone. its quite a job but well worth it! and like said above there are terrific writeups with pics on installing a lift, i must have looked at them 20 times just to get an idea of the whole job and it worked out great.

·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tomorrow ill have some pics of the pieces, i gotta couple of ?s on some... we cant figure out what a couple of them are so.... (sorry i forgot to grab his camera)

·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good luck with the efforts.

What kind of lift? I'll suppose its a suspension or SAS since you mentioned the steering arms over knuckles, etc.
when i bought it the guy said it was a superlift, but ive looked up superlift pieces and i dont think it is... yeah its just a suspension lift though... i dont have near enough money for a sas yet. i still gotta buy tires and gears and RA's and steering components... so it will be awhile before then...

·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we got the rear leafs done, but i couldnt figure out what the ttb drop brackets were, and where they went... i was in the chat for like 4 hours last night trying to find out... so were gonna try and finish it either tomorrow or later on in the week... which dont make me happy but oh well! i should pics of the pieces today... at least and ill get more when i can

·
Registered
252 Posts
The support brackets for the front drop brackets should be easily identified. Now take the drop brackets and match those to those brackets. Depending on the edition of the brackets, they will bolt right in place of the old bracket and the holes should align. You may have to drill some extra holes for the support brackets spread the forces in a large area.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
we got the rear leafs done, but i couldnt figure out what the ttb drop brackets were, and where they went... i was in the chat for like 4 hours last night trying to find out... so were gonna try and finish it either tomorrow or later on in the week... which dont make me happy but oh well! i should pics of the pieces today... at least and ill get more when i can
Thats why I HATE TTB. Sucks that its weaker and more complicated to boot compared to a solid axle. Sorry, I dont have advice to offer as Ive never lifted a TTB...just wanna say I feel your pain :thumbup:thumbup.

Oh yeah, and get some pics up bro!!!!! Keep it up :rockon

·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok so i know these arnt exactly the pics your looking for but heres a start!
plus this will help... maybe you can answer the rest of my ?s
heres the reason the whole lift isnt done yet!
[/IMG]
new coils
[/IMG]
do these go on top or bottom of the coil?
[/IMG]
what are these?
[/IMG]
and these... where do they go (im so glad the rear leafs took like 10 mins)
[/IMG]
and last but not least... the easiest part of the ttb lift!
[/IMG]

i have no clue when were gonna start to finish the lift, so i dont know when ill have more pics, sorry guys... I know this thread is pretty much worthless with out pics...

·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
and one more thing... what length brake line (front and back?)would you guys run with a 6 inch lift and 35s... the truck will mostly be used for street, occationaly mud, and some rock thrown in there everynow and then... sorry for all the ?s but im trying my best... between the two of us working on it, i bet we have like over 30 hours of research, and trying to find where everything goes. So anyones .02 is EXTREMELY helpful! thanks in advanced to anyone who is willing to help!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
30 hours of research??? stop looking at the finished lifted trucks!! Look at the work in progress. There are several threads on this site that shows where all these parts go.

Pic 1) thoses are your TTB drop brackets (for the axle arms) they will attach to the engine cross member. The smaler one goes on the drivers side and the larger one goes on the passangers side( you will have to remove the passangers side OEM one).

Pic 2) I hope you know where these go...lol

Pic 3) I'm guessing they go over the top of the coils, the bottom retainer has diffrent shaped insulator there already.

Pic 4) Those are the plates that go over the rear leaf packs and the U-bolts go through them and bolts pull the plate tight against the plate to hold axle in place. You should have seen this plate already if you lifted the rear??? But you should not need these as you existing axle will already have them.

Pic 5) I "think" there for lowering the sway bar. But I cant say for sure since I have never ran a sway bar on the TTB.

Pic 6) Those are your radius arm drop brackets. These will atach to the frame under the driver/passangers feet area on each side. You will have to grind the old rivits off the OEM ones to remove them and replace with these.

For the 6'' lift you will need extended brake lines. Just to to JBG and order the extended lines for your model/6'' lift and thats it(simple).

Most all lift Co. have directions for there lifts online and you can PRINT THEM...

NOW GO SEARCH THE TECH SECTION FOR INSTALLING A LIFT!!!! ITS ALL HERE WITH PICS!!!

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Most all lift Co. have directions for there lifts online and you can PRINT THEM...

NOW GO SEARCH THE TECH SECTION FOR INSTALLING A LIFT!!!! ITS ALL HERE WITH PICS!!!
:stupid
Yeah dude, the tech archives are where its at. I looked for a few minutes and found these two write-ups on superlift installs.......
http://bronco.tophersworld.com/writeup_lift.htm
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24459&highlight=superlift+install
I skimmed over them and theyre both pretty detailed. Should have 99% of your answers between the two of them. Hope this helps.:thumbup

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.