Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a light bar and lights to put on the cab of the bronco.
I think i am going to get the Carr Rota light bar, it folds down and such and i like that over the KC one...

i was wondering what lights i should get, square, circular??? what model is recommended?

I have a 96 EB, so i think the square ones or the circular ones would both work, but what do you recommend???

thanks in advance,

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
4 kc daylighter 150's, only 100 for a complete kit

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have the Black Carr Roto bar, and 5 KC lights, 3 are wide angle lense, driving, and tthe other 2 are the super duper 300,000 candle power off road jobs like i have on my grill guard. KC has 23 year warranty so thats why I like them

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i made my own lightbar. I am new at welding too, but here was mine
the parts for the lightbar

here is the rack completed.

lightbar installed

here is the lights on.

i went out in a dark spot and the front floods light up alot and the rotaters are cool too.....mike

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
The Carr Rota is pretty cool. I just got the switches so I can wire up my lights today.

Lights up.

Lights down.

I just have cheap HF lights on it. I got the Rota since they don't have covers and I have been pulled over for that before.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Se7eN said:
I am looking for a light bar and lights to put on the cab of the bronco.
I think i am going to get the Carr Rota light bar, it folds down and such and i like that over the KC one...

i was wondering what lights i should get, square, circular??? what model is recommended?
I used to run the Carr Rota-Bar with 5 Hella Rally 2000's. The lights looked cool, but were to large. They were so top heavy that the lights would vibrate so much it make you wanna puke. I had a new "bar" made up of heavier gauge steel, but that only helped a little. This is the last run with it on the Bronco:

Got tired of hitting in on everything. :banghead

The KC's would be a much better choice. Maybe go with 3 long range in the middle, and wide angle on the ends. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
bronco boy said:
This is the last run with it on the Bronco:

Got tired of hitting in on everything. :banghead

:thumbup
So do you still have the bar with the lights on it.....for sale like????

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
bronco boy said:
Nope. Traded the bar a few years back to a customer for some other junk. Sold two lights and gave away the other three to friends.
Oh well......I would not want them on my DD (way too many parking garages around these parts) but I always like to have a project truck or two laying around, so they could have gone on that.......I like the junk yard look.....thats how I decorate my side yard!

·
Registered
531 Posts
ebay has some real cheep ones.. just type in light bar

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
yeah they do.
fyi, the autozone 7" are too bad, i got a pair a week or two ago, and for the price they are pretty good. not as good as my piaa's but wtf.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like the heavy duty rack. I'm not big on amber lights myself, but I've got a different 'lighting need' I suppose. A heavy bar and rack (luggage like) has been a consideration since I want to go 'topless' during the summer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts