Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Looking for the “gutter mount” style light bar rack. I would be interested if anyone makes the brackets where I could fab up the rest of the bar myself. Also any links for quality new parts you may have saved I will gladly check out as well.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,093 Posts
I used a Carr brand Roto-bar back in the day. Very sturdy and well made. The stainless never ever rusted.

Dick Cepek used to make them, but not anymore

·
Super Moderator
23,882 Posts
Yo BigNick98,
FYI, check out this Roof Cracks Repair Procedure TSB 96-20-11 for 80-96 @ Technical Service Bulletins
Excerpt;
"...
ISSUE: Cracks may appear on the roof panel or on the corner panel sheet metal near the end of the drip rail at the B-pillar.
ACTION: Repair roof sheet metal cracks by using the Roof Repair Kit (F5TZ-9850223-A). Refer to Instruction Sheet #6661, included in the kit, for service details.NOTE: BE SURE TO REPAIR BOTH SIDES AT THE SAME TIME. IF ONLY ONE SIDE IS CRACKED, ALSO REPAIR THE SIDE THAT IS NOT CRACKED.The Roof Repair Kit (F5TZ-9850223-A) contains the following:..."

Repair kit by Ford now obsolete, see; Roof and B Pillar Cracks in an 82
@ repairs to roof
Source: by mickaila at FSB

□¤□
Also, our for sale and want to buy rules require members to achieve 75 non-padded posts, due to scammers who have preyed on our members.
WANT TO BUY: FORUM RULES

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
715 Posts
If you can fab, the clamps simply sit on top of the gutter with an L bracket screwed or bolted over and under the gutter. Make what you want if you have the ability.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,093 Posts
Yep, most sit in the gutter channel, then an L shaped bracket is bolted to the side, and clamps under the gutter. I rocked one for like 8 years and never had an issue.

You can buy these types of mounts seperate, from companies who sell universal roof racks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the posts guys, I will for sure be checking out a way to fab up my own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts