Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching and searching...and cannot seem to find a light rack for my truck. Anyone know of where I can get one?

So far, I have 6 aircraft landing lights from XEvision. I have all the wiring done up. Ran 12 gauge wire to the roof and wired it into a pair of 30amp relays under the hood which are activated by a toggle switch on the dash. This, paired up with a second battery now which is a deep cycle, and a powermaster alternator should supply enough ooomph for these lights along with the 2 KC Daylighters on the bumper and 2 Daylighters in the rear. Now I just could use something to mount these other suckas to my roof.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the ones I see from them mount on the grill/bumper. I want overheads since I will already have a place for two lights in my pushbar. Insane amount of light you say? NEVA! They come in handy for more than offroading too. Just wait till some s.o.b. cuts ME off :goodfinge

·
Registered
741 Posts
BlackSunshine said:
All the ones I see from them mount on the grill/bumper. I want overheads since I will already have a place for two lights in my pushbar. Insane amount of light you say? NEVA! They come in handy for more than offroading too. Just wait till some s.o.b. cuts ME off :goodfinge
I have a carr light and couldnt be happier

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marauder said:
yeah CARR does make roof ones check again.
Found it...wow...they're cheaper than I was planning. Found a guy out here that deals em. The "Rotabar" (flips the lights down for clearence) is only 119.00! *Black powerdercoat* :) Was expecting in the neighborhood of 300 or so. That's a WHOLE lot less than I have spent on the rest of the setup. I probably went way over what I needed as far as heavy duty on this thing....will post pictures when it warms up and I get out there and do it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so here it goes, the thick red cable coming from the battery is 8gge. The rest of the red wires are 10 gge. From there, it moves to a distribution block fused at 60amps per wire. The three on the side are going to the vehicle and my subs.

The other two are running to 30 amp relays (blue wire is running to switch inside truck)

They then run off 12gge wire to the four roof lights and two in the pushbar. Being that these are running just over a half million candle power each, I felt it would be a good idea to run some heavier wire. Now, it just needs to get warmer so I can do this! :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Careful when you flip the switch on ALL the lights, make sure you set your idler to say an extra 200-500 rpm (you should be in the 1,000 to 1,200 rpm at warm idle), otherwise, when you flip the switch, you could drag the motor down, especially if it's a 302. oops, just saw that you got the 351 under the hood... still bring up your idle, trust me... it'll help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts