Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anything i can do to gently restore the lights so they wont fall apart. i dont want to scratch them too much either. any suggestions??

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Sand the rust off prime them and paint them. make sure it is a paint that can handle the heat.

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
I've found that steel wool with a little oil will remove light surface rust without significantly damaging the underlying finish. And a little petroleum jelly on exposed, non-finished metal parts helps prevent corrosion.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Go to hardware store and purchase steel wool grade#0000. Use with any quality oil, such as gun oil. It will do a good job without scratching the surface.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Try this.

Before you spend alot try this remedy first. Go to the auto supply store in your area. Like AutoZone. Look for this product made by Eagle One. Its called NEVR-DULL. Spelled just like that. Its a called a "Wadding Polish". This usually runs around 8 bucks a can. It gets rid of light rust. I used it on my rims. Hope this helped, Mikey.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've used the Nevr-Dull on a lot of items, but haven't had very good luck removing rust with it. A wire wheel like on a bench grinder is usually my got-to for rust on chrome. Good luck.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i used to detail cars while in college and still detail cars in my own time and some old school guy taught me a trick of using a little water and baking soda to get dried up bugs off of paint, i later used that trick on LIGHT surface rust and worked great. Everyone has baking soda in their house, so i would use that first with a light grade SOS type pad.

Good luck and tell us what worked for you.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Plain, simple, cheap Turtle Wax brand chrome cleaner

Takes rust of bike spokes and lots of stuff, without scratching the chrome. Try it first

Sixlitre

·
Registered
454 Posts
Before you spend alot try this remedy first. Go to the auto supply store in your area. Like AutoZone. Look for this product made by Eagle One. Its called NEVR-DULL. Spelled just like that. Its a called a "Wadding Polish". This usually runs around 8 bucks a can. It gets rid of light rust. I used it on my rims. Hope this helped, Mikey.
mike, i like ur sig lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts