Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put lights mounted on the bottom of the body for lighting when wheeling at night? I have seen jeeps and 4wheelers do it so you can see stuff you are going over or about to go over. Just wondering if anyone has seen a Bronco with it.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
The 15 to 20 ppl I wheel with all have rock lights. ppl have been doing this for yrs

·
Administrator
22,848 Posts

nothing new, people have been doing it for years, I bought a complete kit from vision-x which included 8 led pods with controller for $125.00

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
It is awesome to be behind the guy with the rock lights on the trail. Lights up your path so nicely.:thumbup

·
Registered
560 Posts
my b2..

·
Banned
676 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
IMHO the set of 8 LED lights are better for the following reasons:

Smaller so you can put them in places where they are less likely to get broken on said rock
LED so they use less power
More of tem for placement in engine bay for doing late night/emergent work

Bad side is they are $100ish more......

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Ricer's have been doin this for years.........WHY ??? LOL

Can see how this would make killer sense off road !

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Harbor Freight fog lights are $10 for 2. For $20 plus some relays and wire you can have some badass rock lights.
Yeah, until you... I dunno... bash 'em on some... rocks?

Didn't they do this in the 90s with their Hondas and other various cars of angry sounding bees with large shelves on the deck lid... lights in bright neon colors of red, green and blue?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The harbor freight cheap ones sound cool, but I like the tantrum set 'cause there's 8 of them, plus the music dance thing is pretty cool :thumbup And in case op hasn't figured it out, they're called rock lights. I thought this thread was gonna be about the homey type lights.
Wow this got a lot better response than I thought but I didn't know they were so popular or that they were called rock lights but thanks for all the info and pics everyone

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Yeah, until you... I dunno... bash 'em on some... rocks?

Didn't they do this in the 90s with their Hondas and other various cars of angry sounding bees with large shelves on the deck lid... lights in bright neon colors of red, green and blue?
If I bash one on a rock I am out $5.

You wouldn't understand, you go to bed at 6 so you have never been night wheeling:goodfinge

1 - 20 of 33 Posts