Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the board, I've been trying to troubleshoot my lighting issue now for about 2 weeks and the only thing I've accomplished is to get my 4-ways working. The problem I'm having is that I have brake lights and all 4 turn signals and also my hazards without the parking/headlights on, but as soon as I pull the knob for parking lights all I have is parking lights and tail lights. Turn signals (all 4) don't work and brake lights don't light up. I have replaced everything piece by piece, cleaned every ground that I can find, and looked for breaks or bad sections of wires...nothing. I have spent hours going through the search on here till now I'm seeing same posts.

I need help, perhaps there is something I'm missing, but I'm all out of ideas. Do you folks have any?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've replaced my 4 light sockets. The only ones I haven't yet are the 2 headlights connections and the 4 sidemarker sockets...is it possible to get a bad socket brand new? I'll check anyhow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could it possibly be my fuse block??

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
My money says a bad ground somewhere as well. Another potential problem could be the signal switch in the steering wheel/column.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the signal switch is what I thought as well, but have replaced it along with the headlight switch, brake switch, dimmer switch. Bought 4 new light sockets for the turn signals/brake lights. Bought 2 new sockets for the front sidemarker lights. Replaced both flasher relays(would heavy-duty relays make a difference?). Today I replaced my ground strap from the manifold to firewall connection, for it was in really bad shape, but can't find the one under the dash. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong areas, I've been focusing on the front harnesses since nothing seems to work once I pull the headlight switch on. When I'm running without the light switch on everything works as it should. I suppose I'll change out both back-up light sockets and rear sidemarker sockets...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have fixed the problem. I had wired up the 4 new sockets up wrong. I had the red and white wires from the sockets switched. Without the parking lamps on my hazards and turn signals were using the big tall filament, and then when turning on parking lamps it was also using that and the short one. Now that I have switched the 2 wires on the sockets the turn signals use the short filament and the parking lamps use the tall one.
I knew it was going to be something simple...thanks for all the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts