But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Then click on this picture:

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Blaze said:
I love that body style...anyone know where I can get one ('67 or '68 fastback)???
yeah in your dreams :goodfinge :banghead

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Blaze said:
I love that body style...anyone know where I can get one ('67 or '68 fastback)???
They're everywhere, just have to search... really. Kris has been wanting an Eleanor copy since the movie, and I've found two '67s with 427's, and several other 67-8 fastbacks, ranging from 3K to 12K. IIRC, the total cost for the parts to build the car, came to about 20K, not including the cost of the car, or paint

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
20k if you do all the work yourself...which most of us would, but its still a consideration. are you including eng, trans, int, body work or just eleanor conversion parts? the main problem is finding a nice 67/68 fastback v8 manual....because thats the most expensive classic mustang you could buy (not counting the special editions, those you wouldnt want to cut up...ruin the value).

some eleanors go for about $100k if they are done right.

plus you have to remember, the eleanors are supposed to have the total control accesories, which will run you close to $20k by itself.

·
Registered
506 Posts
There is a dude in Grants Pass that has an Eleanor replica that is blue and white. VVEERRYY Nice looking. Has a EFI 427, Vortech, Tremec

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know I'm dreamin, but I want one of each of these in my garage some day:

Only I want them painted like this one:

I'd also like one of these. I may just build this one though. They have so many replica kits on the market it's not funny.

And if you guys are lookin for some good wallpapres, this is the Holy Grail of car wallpapers.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Broncomx said:
yeah in your dreams :goodfinge :banghead
Not an eleanor copy..just a plan '67 or '68 fastback body in good shape...I'll do the rest..(remember I was racing old mustangs before I ever tinkered with my first Bronco :toothless) I can find 'em too david but when I do someone has already started a resto on it or "thinks" they are through, and wants an arm and a leg. I just want a good clean body, I can stick a big block in, gut and cage the interior, tuck and tub the rear and race the shit out of...:thumbup

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
jerry 1 a b said:
I know I'm dreamin, but I want one of each of these in my garage some day:

Only I want them painted like this one:
Isn't that awesome how similiar those two cars look? I think Ford did an AWESOME job on the new model. Has anyone read Car and Driver's comparision between a Porsche 911, Ford GT40, and Ferrari (???). The Blue Oval spanked em :rockon Its only $150,000...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Any 67 or 68 fastback body would do, and they're around everywhere. 6 or 8 cyl doesn't matter the actual unibody is the same.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Miketnf150 said:
I thought you said it was the Holy Grail!!! There are no bronco images!!! :toothless
That's why I said car. I wish I knew of a place like that with broncos.

Lonestar_Bronco said:
Isn't that awesome how similiar those two cars look? I think Ford did an AWESOME job on the new model. Has anyone read Car and Driver's comparision between a Porsche 911, Ford GT40, and Ferrari (???). The Blue Oval spanked em :rockon Its only $150,000...
I have that issue. They've got an artichle on the original in there too. :santa

·
Registered
787 Posts
Right now Hemmings has about 15 of 'em listed,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts