Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 96 Eddie Bauer and have recently been installing vinyl flooring, replacing the carpet.

I’ve spent 2 weeks stuck on one bolt: that bastardly T50 seatbelt bolt, backseat, right side. I scoured this forum and tried everything in the books to salvage, but ultimately drilled it out.

My question is, where do I find a replacement bolt? Haven’t been able to find one ANYWHERE online. Should I scout scrapyards to try and find one? At a loss here, any help appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
26,708 Posts
Yo senor_marteen,
Welcome and Congratulations on acquiring the best year Big Bronco Ever Built! !

Call local Ford dealer parts dept and cofirm, Bolt, #386273-S100.

Safety Belts, Rear Outboard, Bronco

ItemPart NumberDescription
131012Quarter Trim Panel
2611B68Rear Safety Belt Retractor and Tongue
3386277-S100Upper Anchor Bolt
➡4386273-S100Lower Anchor Bolt
5620482-S100Retractor Anchor Nut — M12
ATighten to 35-45 Nm
(26-33 Lb-Ft)
□•□

■●■
ASAP⚠, Find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by a dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members.).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details,
View attachment 154412

scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.
Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1996 Ford Bronco Technical Info pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net ... scroll down

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Register to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site .

Try to find time to participate and vote in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,707 Posts
At least you didnt break the torx bit off in the bolt... been there before.

·
Registered
96 EB
87 Posts
Welcome senor_marteen, I see you were a lurker like me. I just recently started posting because I finally got me my 2nd FSB. Same day I went searching because I stripped mine this past weekend lol. And of course miesk5 and BigBlue94 are here to help and give you the sunny side of things. Thanks for posting this great info guys! Exactly what I needed.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,868 Posts
I have had to weld a nut on a couple seatbelt bolts (stupid torx) bright side the quick heat made them come out a little easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts