Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Behold my
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought the truck to a Line-x place today. Came out and looked at it. Said I had to get rid of this weird crap that wasn't rust if he was going to do it...I'll get pics in the morning.

He said that if I took out all the trim, seats, carpet and the top off, it would be a grand to do the whole interior. Pedals to tailgate, under the rails. I think that's a bit extreme with me doing all of the prep myself, don't you?

·
yes
2,109 Posts
I brought the truck to a Line-x place today. Came out and looked at it. Said I had to get rid of this weird crap that wasn't rust if he was going to do it...I'll get pics in the morning.

He said that if I took out all the trim, seats, carpet and the top off, it would be a grand to do the whole interior. Pedals to tailgate, under the rails. I think that's a bit extreme with me doing all of the prep myself, don't you?
Why dont you just do it yourself?

BTW I have Line-X in my 250 and i am VERY happy with it...I beat the shit out of it...

·
Behold my
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really? Seemed a bit extreme with me doing all the prep but masking and wiping it down.

I'll search about for the roll on crap. Or even spray stuff. I've got a booth I can drive into.

·
ate lug
88, 90, 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,015 Posts
Price sounds high for you doing all the prepwork. I paid 600 when i got mine rhino-lined, but that was years ago now.

He is probably talking about the sound deadener thats stuck to the floorpan. Youll have to scrape it off. Or wire-wheel, but thats gonna make a HUGE mess. Ask me how i know :toothless

·
Broncoless
1,626 Posts
Price sounds high for you doing all the prepwork. I paid 600 when i got mine rhino-lined, but that was years ago now.

He is probably talking about the sound deadener thats stuck to the floorpan. Youll have to scrape it off. Or wire-wheel, but thats gonna make a HUGE mess. Ask me how i know :toothless
ok.............how do you know:popc1:

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
Mine cost 750..and I took it in with the top off and the interior stripped out completely.

I've messed with the do-it-yourself liners on other rigs and there is simply no comparison can be made between any of those and the urethane Line-x. It IS a huge price difference, yes..another case of getting what ya pay for.

After 7 years, my Line-x has one small 'bubble' developed on the floor over one of my mufflers. Other than that it looks as good as the day it was applied and has taken a crapload of abuse..especially in rear cargo area and tailgate inside surface. The interior of the Scout II that I did with Herculiner looked like crap after only 2 or 3 years..scratched easily and very poor adhesion compared to Line-X.

·
Registered
871 Posts
what kind did you use? and whats the chick in your avatar doing?:popc1:
like the camo, by the way.:beer
Umm.. i honestly dont remember, i think it was the rhino liner roll on (did it back in 03)
Avatar is Kari Byron from mythbusters, its supposed to be animated. when they were making the lead balloon.

I love the camo aswell. thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had the roll on stuff in my Cherokee and was running it that way for about three years and beat the living hell out of it and never had any problems with it.. Of course, I did alot more prep-work than most do.. If you do it right, that roll on stuff can be mighty tough. If I were planning on pulling out the carpet of my Bronco, I would use it again..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.