Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for ideas for a liquor cabinet. I was thinking about just buying one, but they are 3-400 bucks for some crappy one with more wine storage then liquor storage.

I am thinking about just building one. Not sure of how I would do it yet. So am looking for any and all ideas. Or other ideas that dont require the building like that. I am looking for a cheap and effecient way of doing it. And I dont mean sticking it in the pantry, cabinets, floor, etc. I am wanting to get all the bottles out of the pantry floor and put them somewhere kind of nice. Kind of a display also for when people come over. That way I dont have to pull it all out and set them all on the kitchen island taking up all the room to work. I more or less have a bar in my pantry. So show me what you got.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
buy cheap book self... maybe even from salvation army or a good will type stoor even... then just fasion up some doors you like... i make new furniture outta junk like that whenever i want something new around the house..... this way you don't have to measure eveything out and worry about being square... but you still get something unique and all your own

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Iv'e seen your pics. I think you need to get a garden shed and add a lot of shelving to "support" your habbit. :thumbup :toothless :rofl: :histerica :histerica

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Look around for unfinished furniture.

This is what I did for an entertainment center. I used unfinished wardrobes (A) for the upper @ about $80 each, and unfinished bathroom vanities (B) @ about $40 for the bases. I did have to order a couple of extra drawers from the mfg. to replace the false fronts on the vanities though. I fabbed up the middle from odd pieces of pine I had and some louvered doors. BTW, I turned the wardrobe units upside down.

Picked everything up at a local home improvement place.

If you want to go this route, I'd suggest a wardrobe unit 'cause you'll get more storage with a smaller footprint.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
SrATEX said:
I was thinking about just buying one, but they are 3-400 bucks for some crappy one with more wine storage then liquor storage.
i'll make you a custom real wood one for that much that will last a lifetime :thumbup do you guys have habitat for humanity down there? ours here has good cabinet stuff all the time, you could probably piece something together for cheap and it look nice too

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
marv, good work on that.

i dont know joe, never bothered before. did in San Antonio though.

i might do something like marv did and fine some unfurnished furniture

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in my looking around the internet. i think i have come up with an idea that I like. Going with more of what jeff said. I am really liking the idea of these 30" bookcases they have at walmart.com. Pretty cheap too. If I felt like it I could make some doors for them pretty easy. But something I was thinkin of is I could put casters on the bottom and just roll it away from the wall when everyone is there. boom instant bar.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Daniel i could make you one that is furniture quality, but it would be really heavy and i dont know when i am coming back up that way.

Go to oak unlimited in huntsville out by the mall, and check them out. my old man got my mom armoire out there for like 200 bucks and that would be a nice liquor cabinet. I drink mine too quick so i have no need for one...lol

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Daniel, whatever you do, make sure the shelves aren't that cheap particle board stuff. It's cheap, heavy and weak. It'll sag under the weight of the bottles. My wife keeps buying the cheap stuff at Wal-Mart and they never last more than a couple of years.

Make sure the shelves are at least #1 or #2 pine boards at a minimum. I'd start at garage sales, flea markets or places that sell unfinished furniture.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
bigbroncojeff said:
buy cheap book self... maybe even from salvation army or a good will type stoor even... then just fasion up some doors you like... i make new furniture outta junk like that whenever i want something new around the house..... this way you don't have to measure eveything out and worry about being square... but you still get something unique and all your own

i bet you have a coffee table made of of cinder blocks and plywood huh:goodfinge

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Dustin said:
i bet you have a coffee table made of of cinder blocks and plywood huh:goodfinge
...:histerica

Hey, I had to use plastic lawn chairs for the livingroom furniture once while the moving company tried to find our household furniture.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
Dustin said:
nah... i actually have an old display bottom from a radioshack that is extremelly heavy duty with a locking cabinet underneath... had holes on top for other display crap to fix into... so i bought a sheet of formica at homo depot and put it on top.... i swear this thing is going to be around longer than i will... it was built to stand up to years of retail abuse....

but i do have a side table for the couch thats made out of a keg with a tabletop fixed to it:toothless

1 - 13 of 13 Posts