Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
Two tone paint (not just green/tan), EB emblems, leather interior, all interior options and most likely auto hubs. With the premium aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Fancy trees on the seats.

It was a luxury package. Mine has dual front shocks, rear sway bar, trailer hitch (all are tow package options methinks), 302 with AOD, power windows and locks, tinted glass, cruise control, two-tone paint (blue/tan). Mine is also cloth interior, whereas a '93 might be leather.

Oh, and the top comes off. :toothless

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Eddie bauer was a trim option. Leather or cloth but a unique EB interior. Unique two tone EB paint with lower portion painted Tucson Bronze. Came standard with AC, rear defrost, privacy glass, later years 94-96 got the overhead console. Either 5.0 or 5.8 available.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
No, not the same as an XLT. XLTs were available in several levels, Eddie Bauers are ONLY available fully loaded.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,337 Posts
I thought you could of got different options even on the EB.
For example my '92 EB has manual hubs and transfer case, but has all the other options. But I know mine was a DSO (dealer speacial order) as it says it on the door jam sticker.
I was thinking the cloth seats were an option instead of leather aswell even on an EB.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,986 Posts
Eddie Bauer Package 686: $5000.00

Handling package
XLT Trim
Privacy Glass
Tachometer
Light Group
Power Door Locks/Windows
Air Conditioning
P235/5R15 RWL All Terrain
Elect AM/FM Stereo/Cass/Clock
Dlx Argent Styled Steel Wheels
Floor Console

Tranny or motor don't have a bearing on the EB as ironicly the only '92 bronc I've ever seen with a stock T18 was an otherwise loaded EB.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
269 Posts
the only difference between my 87xlt and my 89 eb was auto lockin hubs, a better console and comfier seats. that it. same 302 efi, same pos aod trany and same tcase.

i had to change from the autohubs as they crapped out on me the month i bought it... went to warn manuals.

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
I won't own another Bronco unless it's an EB. Mine's a 93 EB, has more to offer. If you go with the cloth seats, they're a lot more comfortable, and they look cleaner. You also got the full leather wrapped steering wheel, power everything.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Don't know about anyone else, but my EB has the rear swaybar and is set up for Electrict trailor brakes (although I don't know if the brake think is stock)

·
Registered
269 Posts
i forgot the leather wraped steering wheel.
My xlt has power every thing as well, and i chaged the seats out with ones from a bronco II EB pretty cheaply.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
EBs are better than XLTs period. I have owned both and the eb is much nicer and comfier.

And BTW, the AOD is a pretty good tranny

·
Registered
31 Posts
My EB came with the trail brake plug, alla the other options listed previously and i think is just cooler

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
they're just all around more comfortable. When I get in mine, I can't stop driving it. Mine sits stock taller than other Bronco's, don't know why since there isn't anything done to it. Shoot, I'll pull up next to another Bronco on 31's (buddy of mine has a 95 EB on 31's) and I sit about an inch taller. His isn't the only one I've noticed with that either.

·
Harmful if swallowed
2,115 Posts
they're just all around more comfortable. When I get in mine, I can't stop driving it. Mine sits stock taller than other Bronco's, don't know why since there isn't anything done to it. Shoot, I'll pull up next to another Bronco on 31's (buddy of mine has a 95 EB on 31's) and I sit about an inch taller. His isn't the only one I've noticed with that either.
You think the Eddie Bauer has a special suspension!? :histerica

The Eddie Bauer option was a trim package.

Standard equipment on 1996 model year Eddie Bauer package
  • Medium Mocha interior
  • CFC free Air Conditioning
  • Rear Defroster
  • Privacy glass
  • Interior enhancement/light group (inc. headlamp on audible alert, underhood light, dual beam dome/map light, and floor console)
  • Power door lock/windows
  • Light and convenience group ( electrochromatic rearview mirror and illuminated visor mirrors with auxillary visors)
  • Deep dish forged aluminum wheels
  • 5.0 EFI V8 with electronic 4 speed automatic transmission
  • heavy duty battery
Color Options with Eddie Bauer Two Tone*:
  • Dark Toreador red Clearcoat Metallic
  • Moonlight Blue Clarcoat Metallic
  • Pacific Green Clearcoat Metallic
  • Oxford White Clearcoat
  • Black Clearcoat
*With Light Saddle Clearcoat metallic lower accent paint

Everything else was either preferred equipment package or optional. And sometimes oddball stuff was available by dealer special order

Eddie Bauer packages also didn't get any type of super-duper engine, transmission or other drivetrain part, or suspension. They got the same 5.0 or 5.8 as in a XL or XLT

1 - 20 of 22 Posts