Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you know I've been trying to sort out the parts and stuff i need to build this 393 stroker I've been planning for a while. Its beginning to come together little by little now. I've got the stroker crank and rods already, a few other parts too. Got the old motor out and tore down, cleaned up the parts im gonna reuse.

I finally decided to go with a set of Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Aluminum Heads, after a lot of research and help from some guys here, that help me out in THIS THREAD

heres the heads: http://trickflow.com/product/fordcylinderheads/twisted_wedge/pr_twisted.asp
I'm gonna order them as soon as i can get my tax return back.

And here's my latest desktop dyno file:

413 Horse @ 5 Grand, 529 ft/lbs @ 2500RPM's I wish i could figure out how to get the horsepower down a little into the lower RPMs without loosing torque, i guess i just need to look at some more cams. I know these numbers are not perfect, but they should be somewhere close :toothless

I'll be carburated at first. Edelbrock performer intake and Holley Street Avenger 670cfm carb. 10.5:1 CR (yes i know i will be running premium all the time) Long tube headers, Roller cam. Im gonna run my C6 till she blows, then swap in a ZF 5-speed.

I need would like to find a roller block somewhere too. Motor should be in and running before summertime. I'll Def. have it at Uwharrie for the R.I.T.S. By then i should have my 6 inch lift on too.

The parts pile is growing exponentially.....

Just thought i would share with everyone....More pics to come soon.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Id be happy with that over stock any day! Looks good!

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
magnumpi said:
529 ft/lbs @ 2500RPM's
Holly Chit!!!!!!!!!!

I got Like 430 ft/lbs @ 3,000

That fawking rocks :beer :thumbup :toothless :beer

You got me beat Brother. :beer

But do remember both your numbers and mine are a little exaderated

DeskTop Dyno is rather generouse.

But ya still got me beat......WOW!!!!!!!!!

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gacknar said:
But do remember both your numbers and mine are a little exaderated

DeskTop Dyno is rather generouse.

But ya still got me beat......WOW!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, i don't know how much i trust it really. Switching from carb to fuel injection doesn't really affect any numbers much, niether does puttin on a bigger/smaller carb. It doesn't take into account intake and exhuast runner size on the heads either. :scratchhe

But Im definitly happy :chili:

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
magnumpi said:
413 Horse @ 5 Grand, 529 ft/lbs @ 2500RPM's .

When that motors broken in, I would love to see video of you roasting your tires off the line.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
mmmmmmm, horsepower. Gonna have to be careful on the trail with that much power or u-joints will go bye-bye on a regular basis. Can't wait to see that sucker run, though. You got tires/gears in mind for that lift, too?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Got me beat too. That thing is definitely gonna put a smile on your face. I guarantee you will enjoy it. After you get it broke in if you decide it's too much for ya I'll trade.:toothless

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
C6.....hummmmm I wouldnt mind that insted of my E4OD. Maybe I will take it off your hands one day and rebuild it.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
waltman said:

When that motors broken in, I would love to see video of you roasting your tires off the line.
And you will get it :thumbup

johnski said:
mmmmmmm, horsepower. Gonna have to be careful on the trail with that much power or u-joints will go bye-bye on a regular basis. Can't wait to see that sucker run, though. You got tires/gears in mind for that lift, too?
I guess I'll get to see how well maintained those 20 year old driveshafts and axles are. :) I got a deal on a used 6 inch front ttb lift, so i went ahead and grabbed it. Im gonna get a shackle flip for the rear, and i have some longer shackles to use as well. And i'm probably gonna get a set of Bent and twisted radius arm extensions too. I will def. regear and get bigger tires sometime, but i dunno if i will make it that far by RITS in july. Will eventually regear to 4.88's and I'm leaning towards 36" TSL's at this point....but i'm thinking about ground hawgs or iroks too. We'll see what time and money permits.

Marauder said:
C6.....hummmmm I wouldnt mind that insted of my E4OD. Maybe I will take it off your hands one day and rebuild it.
Whenever i swap it out, its yours. But theres no guarantee that it will be in good workin order...i dunno how its gonna like 390some cubic inches :rockon Although, it was rebuild about 70,000 miles ago

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
magnumpi said:
I got a deal on a used 6 inch front ttb lift, so i went ahead and grabbed it. Im gonna get a shackle flip for the rear, and i have some longer shackles to use as well.
Let me know when you plan to throw the lift on there. I'm good at throwing sparks when necessary. And, where'd you get longer shackles? I'd like to do the same to level my lift out a bit.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
johnski said:
Let me know when you plan to throw the lift on there. I'm good at throwing sparks when necessary. And, where'd you get longer shackles? I'd like to do the same to level my lift out a bit.
Will do.....the shackles i picked up from a buddy of mine for 15 bucks. I have no clue what brand they are, or where they came from...they were in a box of parts he got when he bought a K5 blazer :scratchhe I know beltec....i think thats the name, makes some "lowering" shackles that some guys have used. Probably the easiest way to find some would be to look at lowering kits.

edit* found these at the bottom of the page in a quick google search: http://www.performancesuspension.com/TruckLowerTwo.htm

·
broncofied
1,476 Posts
I just found this thread apparentaly you were going more hot rod than i thought when i first gave you advice jeez. Your like me wanting a hot rod bronco:thumbup Oh by the way your gonna need a big radiator and a good water pump with 10.5-1 on the trail.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MANNY said:
I just found this thread apparentaly you were going more hot rod than i thought when i first gave you advice jeez. Your like me wanting a hot rod bronco:thumbup Oh by the way your gonna need a big radiator and a good water pump with 10.5-1 on the trail.
Yeah, i have really become addicted to power....
Im planing on a big 4-core and a highoutput water pump. And adding some water wetter to the colant mix. I have a tarus electric fan, but i think im gonna drop the money for a bigger aftermarket fan, just for safety.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I just may have to throw a T04 turbo in my plans to keep up with that. :shocked

Sounds great, keep us updated.:thumbup

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Project Lazarus said:
I just may have to throw a T04 turbo in my plans to keep up with that. :shocked

Sounds great, keep us updated.:thumbup
Yeah...i just found out a minute ago that those numbers may not be right....my stupid self put a 351M/C cam into desktop dyno instead of a windsor cam....back to the drawing board....i might find another cam tonight

*edit-Hmmm.....turbo...i like the sound of that...i think i need 2 :toothless

·
broncofied
1,476 Posts
magnumpi said:
Yeah, i have really become addicted to power....
Im planing on a big 4-core and a highoutput water pump. And adding some water wetter to the colant mix. I have a tarus electric fan, but i think im gonna drop the money for a bigger aftermarket fan, just for safety.
Actually smaller tubes in big numbers cool less effectively than two larger tubes. The goal is more surface area to transfer heat try to find large tube two or three row.:thumbup

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MANNY said:
Actually smaller tubes in big numbers cool less effectively than two larger tubes. The goal is more surface area to transfer heat try to find large tube two or three row.:thumbup
i don't think i quite follow what your saying...do you maybe have some pics or something? Im a little slow tonight...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
magnumpi said:
Yeah...i just found out a minute ago that those numbers may not be right....my stupid self put a 351M/C cam into desktop dyno instead of a windsor cam....back to the drawing board....i might find another cam tonight

*edit-Hmmm.....turbo...i like the sound of that...i think i need 2 :toothless

Yeah, who needs a hydraulic flat tappet cam anyway......solid roller's what it's all about. :brownbag :D :D

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Project Lazarus said:
Yeah, who needs a hydraulic flat tappet cam anyway......solid roller's what it's all about. :brownbag :D :D
i dunno about solid....but im def. going hydraulic roller :thumbup

·
Harmful if swallowed
2,115 Posts
My dyno is showing pretty solid 300/400 with just 357 cubes for my motor at 9.0 compression, so your numbers sound decent for your setup. Mine was about the same when I was playing with the displacement and compression too.

I've got a set of Roush 200 cylinder heads sitting in the garage waiting. 2.02 intake and 1.6 exhaust, 200cc runners. Also planning 4.10 gears with 32's for mine, should be fun:thumbup

1 - 20 of 28 Posts