Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nearby fire department puts on a bog N grog every year, Ive never been before so some buddies and I went down for it.

Long story short I blew my motor and my 5k mile old tranny.

but good for you guys I got tons of pictures!

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
nevermind he posted pics

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the line going down the side of my bronco is how deep the mud was, i dont know how I got through a lot of it with the pavement pounders and no lift, but i guess throttle took care of that.

Im pretty sure i sucked tons of mud into my motor, got it running but on the drive home the tranny started slipping and then the motor started dying and spewing out smoke. Parked it and saw the red puddle underneath the truck and the motor wont run anymore. *insert sarcasm here*Good thing this isnt my daily driver and I'm not broke

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Bronco Rob said:

How in the hell did he do that???
its an old toyota. they rot at the front of the gas tank, and fold when abused.......

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
your tranny is puking because its overheated, and with ure motor, it might be the same thing. check your radiator, and clean it good. sounds like its not cooiling them anymore

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
MyFullSize said:
Odd meeting... so there was bogging, and some watered Rum to drink too?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=define:+Grog&btnG=Search
you being and Army vet, probably been around longer than me to, but the Marines have a Mess Night every year. individual unit do it. and we have grog, our grog is every cheap nasty liquor, beer, whatever mixed in a huge bowl. we drink that during the "fines" portion of the night. as a payment of fine. gaggin good!:beer

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
broncos&bombs said:
is that big single hose a hose that goes to a dryer?
Nope, flexible gutter extension.

Didnt quite work as well as I hoped:banghead

JB- when I get the truck home I'm flushing all of the fluids again, so the radiator will definitely get a good cleansing.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
broncos&bombs said:
you being and Army vet, probably been around longer than me to, but the Marines have a Mess Night every year. individual unit do it. and we have grog, our grog is every cheap nasty liquor, beer, whatever mixed in a huge bowl. we drink that during the "fines" portion of the night. as a payment of fine. gaggin good!:beer
Oh... I never heard the term before this post, thanks for the info bombs!

So, the local fire department supports mud bogs almost in a neighborhood back yard, followed by mass consumption of alcohol? Crazy, but cool! :thumbup

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
stangmata50l said:
As far as I know, all branches of the military practice this at "Dining-In's" and the like. Actually a tradition dating back to the days of the British army back-in-the-dazzay. Usually do an alcholic and non-alcoholic. The non-alchy ones have like pickle juice, kool-aid, egg nog...stuff to make ya puke.

Also, it's usually mixed up and served from a toilet bowl. :shocked
yeah, i know its a tradition that goes way back. didnt feel like explaining the whole thing. never heard of grog being served in a toilet. nasty! we had an open bar in the begining and end, drank wine throughout the dinner and a nasty port at the toasting portion.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
1995Bronco said:
Im pretty sure i sucked tons of mud into my motor, got it running but on the drive home the tranny started slipping and then the motor started dying and spewing out smoke. Parked it and saw the red puddle underneath the truck and the motor wont run anymore. *insert sarcasm here*Good thing this isnt my daily driver and I'm not broke

Time to get a new temp guage...On my way home from there I had to pull over every 10 minutes.6 times I had to pull over for 15 minutes each time......I finally remembered a Car was spot that has a sign that says ""No Mudder Trucks"""....Screw him my motor is worth a tongue lashing..Got up to 240degrees...I used the fire hose to clean off the truck....But on the inside of the rad was like cement.The front looked clean and the shroud blocked the rest.............

1 - 20 of 32 Posts