Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I pulled my heads off, I noticed one of the dowel pins used as a guide for the heads to seat properly on the block was missing. Ford dealer is of no help (again). Discontinued. Online can't find them at autozone/oreilly/pep boys/napa.

Any place you guys can think of where you'd be able to buy these things locally? I've got a friend to come over tonight to help seat the heads on the block, so I'd really like to find them today. Would a performance shop carry them? Full service mechanics shop?

Funny note: Last time I went to the dealer for a misc part I asked about head bolts (before I went with ARP). Dealer told me they were $1000. Uhhh.. I told him I wanted the head bolts, not new heads. Yup! Apparently Ford is discontinuing 302 head bolts, so the price is about $500 to replace bolts on each head! Un freaking believable..

·
Registered
561 Posts
So when I pulled my heads off, I noticed one of the dowel pins used as a guide for the heads to seat properly on the block was missing. Ford dealer is of no help (again). Discontinued. Online can't find them at autozone/oreilly/pep boys/napa.

Any place you guys can think of where you'd be able to buy these things locally? I've got a friend to come over tonight to help seat the heads on the block, so I'd really like to find them today. Would a performance shop carry them? Full service mechanics shop?

Funny note: Last time I went to the dealer for a misc part I asked about head bolts (before I went with ARP). Dealer told me they were $1000. Uhhh.. I told him I wanted the head bolts, not new heads. Yup! Apparently Ford is discontinuing 302 head bolts, so the price is about $500 to replace bolts on each head! Un freaking believable..
I have had great results with http://car-part.com/. Should be able to find something there for sure.. Good luck..:rockon

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Its not the easiest solution but a quick trip to the junkyard would get you some.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a machine shop that does bearings and engine building work that can help me...

Thanks for the ideas guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts