Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am saving up for a locker for my rear end, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions between choosing an automatic locker, or a manual one. also, maybe some names of each to go with, so that i may do a litle more research on the individual lockers themselves. Im just curious to see what the best locker to run is. Thanks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
There is a SWEET write up at the top of the "Tech Write-ups" page. Lots of good info there. A lot of factors go into it. I see that you live in the rocky mountains like me. I use my Bronco as my daily driver and even though the automatic lockers are cheaper...they have the tendency to be a lot more difficult to control while driving on icy roads. So selectable lockers make is so YOU choose when they are engaged...but they are MORE expensive.
Go over to the Tech write up section and see the section near the top on "LOCKERS" and start your research from there.

WELCOME to the forum Dave!:thumbup

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bang for buck, you can't go wrong with an automatic, "lunchbox" type locker (such as a Powertrax or LockRight). You can install it yourself and they make driving in the snow a little more fun. OK, a LOT more fun! I've got a Powertrax in the back and have learned to live with the dry pavement chirping and jerking.

If you have the money, pick up a selectable (such as an ARB). These offer the best of both worlds. I sometimes wish I had gone this route.

·
Registered
511 Posts
MUD E1 said:
Bang for buck, you can't go wrong with an automatic, "lunchbox" type locker (such as a Powertrax or LockRight). You can install it yourself and they make driving in the snow a little more fun. OK, a LOT more fun! I've got a Powertrax in the back and have learned to live with the dry pavement chirping and jerking.

If you have the money, pick up a selectable (such as an ARB). These offer the best of both worlds. I sometimes wish I had gone this route.

Do you use your bronco as a daily driver? I see that you live in Washington and so you probably get a lot of snow like me (here in UTAH) and just wanted to know if you use yours as a DD in snowland...

·
Registered
49 Posts
PowerTrax

From personal experience, I have to say the Power Trax Lock Right and No Slip are the best bang for the buck and easy to install. I have the lock right in the front and No slip in the rear. they operate smoothly and help out off road. You can do it in your sriveway or in a garge on jackstands.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Hey jons1streal4x4 How does that No Slip work in the back. My Bronco is a daily driver and was wondering how it acts on the street. Is it loud (as in going around corners), what are some of the characteristics. How do you like the Lock right up front also? Or if anybody else know how they act fill free to chime in.

Patrick

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does anyone think about a detroit in the rear? would that be better than say a True Trac? it is my daily driver, but could learn o live with the jerking and pulling around corners and such. also, if you alreay have onboard air, can you use that tank and pressure to run an ARB, or do i have to buy their compressor? Thanks a lot!

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Any auto-locker in the rear pretty well sucks in the snow and ice (ON the road). But ya can't hardly beat a detroit (except in price) as far as the autos go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts