Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am a newbie my 88 is my first truck and i was wanting to know the best way to go when lockin the front diff. My Rear end has a factory locker and it goes good but when in a bind the right front just spinns any suggestions.:drinkbud

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,875 Posts
Its easy, just turn both hubs to the lock position on the dial and engage. if you are askin' for a locker suggestion, I would get a Detroit Truetrac, I like mine alot. There is some videos on Youtube of a black Dodge with dual Truetrac's and watching the front end in action is what sold me on them-

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
Don't take it harsh, most newbs get told to search because it's what you need to do. There is tons of info just searching under "lockers". Have a look around and you'll find the info. If you're wondering why we tell you this instead of just telling you the answer, it's to prevent unnecessary thread creations in the future that bog down the site.

Welcome to FSB! :beer

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,841 Posts
Last time I checked, our trucks never came with a "locker" in the rear stock. You probably have the trac-lock limited slip in the rear. You would be better off replacing that with a locker and just leaving the front open.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
:stupid

No Ford vehicle was ever offered with a factory locker. Limited slips, yes.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Detroit Lockers came in Mustangs, Torinos etc etc equiped with the Drag Pak option

Greg
Really? Learn something new every day. :beer

I also figured they'd be too afraid to offer them, considering what a small difference in tire pressures can have as an effect.

·
Registered
95 Posts
... back in the 60's...

and good luck getting your hands on one

(i think it was only boss's and mach 1's you could get em with)
They're easy to come by, you just have to have the buck$$$$. They were available on pretty much any serious muscle/HP car. It really didn't matter what body it had. I had an R-code '66 Galaxie about 20years ago that had a factory Detroit in it.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.