Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently put milemarker manual hubs on truck. old auto.hubs had a large round spring with bent tabs on the ends so that you could press them together to get the hubs out. the milemarkers dont have the bent ends.how do i get them out. i can get a small pick or screwdriver in there but i can only spin them around.i would like to replace my brake discs in the future but the hubs will have to come out first. naturaly i didnt think about this untill after i installed them. i am sure i can get them out with a lot of tinkering around with small picks,screwdrivers,needlenose pliers,ect. but i dont want to make a day of it when the time comes.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
you can buy a snap-ring tool at about any autoparts store... fairly cheap too...

That should work if the rings have the tabs on the ends with the holes in them...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advise but it doesnt have tabs on the end. its a large circle spring with flush ends. tried to use the old springs but the tabs wont let you install the new hubs. its the large spring that locks the hub in.

·
0 Posts
I typically clamp one side down with some vice grips and focus on prying up the other side using two small flatheads. The vice grips work good for keeping it in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts