Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 80 Bronco,one of the front hub's sling's grease all over the place. It's a new warn hub,but with the screw's as tight as they will go it still has a gap around the seal. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is it a bad locking hub? What could be causing it not to seat up all the way?:shrug :confused:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Did you just install these yourself? If so go and pull it and check your work, maybe something isn't fully in. Was this an auto to manual switch? Did you make sure to use the kit?

·
Registered
71 Posts
sounds to me like the inner hub isnt althe way in place. take off the cap and makesure that you have both clips in there proper places.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did install these myself. I will take it back off and check it after Turkey day. The other side is fine, They are manual locking hubs.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Did you have auto hubs? If so were they 3screw or 5screw hubs? If 3, did you get the kit that's needed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine were manual locking hubs, they were just very worn out. I replaced them with manual locking hubs with no changes to anything. But the one on the right slings grease. it locks and unlocks fine. Could something in the hub or spindle be causing this?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I think he was asking the original poster.
:stupid

Are you looking at the picture I posted??? :twak

I took those out of the '96 axle that I put under my truck and used the old '83 parts to install the manuals. But if you need the "kit", just order 2 of these.
:twak

1 - 9 of 9 Posts