Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 bronco maf with a 302 has a long crank when warm. If it's cold and I go to crank it, it starts right up. If it's hot and I shut it off and crank it right back up again it starts fine. But if it's hot and I wait for an hour and try to crank, it takes a solid 5 seconds to start. Once it starts it runs fine. If I hold the gas and crank it starts fine but I see black smoke out the exhaust. The timing is at 10 deg btdc and it has a new ect sensor. Fuel pressure is good when cold and hot, cranking, and running. I undid the vacuum line and the pressure rose so the regulator is good. I put my scan tool on it and the ect readings were accurate and the iat temperature was accurate also. Once I shut it off the fuel pressure holds good whether it's cold or hot. Don't know what it is. Truck runs good otherwise and there are no codes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
mine was doing that...
was told an injector was leaking down.
i replaced all my injectors with the newer EV6 style and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But if my injector was leaking wouldn't I see fuel pressure drop? Also, no matter how many times I prime it, it still takes long to crank when warm

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
Leaking fuel injector will flood the engine

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
It should.

But your also saying with the accelerator pressed it will blow black smoke. black smoke is overly rich.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled the upper intake, ziptied injectors to fuel rail so they wouldnt pop out, grounded fuel pump, turned the ignition on and no injectors were leaking. I stuck paper towels under each injector and there was no wetness. Hooked pressure guage up and it dropped 16 psi within 5 minutes after turning ignition off. Dont know what else it could be. Any ideas?

·
Registered
636 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts