Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Bronco, 300 EFI, 3.08 gear, NP435, 32" tires, 2" level kit, dual exhaust, manual transfer & hub
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been obsessed with Fords since my dad took me out to the back pasture, stood me up on the bench seat of our 74 F250, threw it in granny low, and told me "don't drive into the gulleys" while he jumped in the back and started bucking out hay for the cows. You can still see the old orange beast there behind my new Bronco!

Picked up this gem recently, after many many years of searching. I don't know why, but a few years ago I got really fixated on the 300 i6 engine, and I really wanted to build out a fun to drive, offroadable, highway cruising, versatile monster of a rig. This thing came to me in great condition, as the previous owner apparently had my same dream and dedication to treating cars right. He had gone through and replaced just about every single wearable part on this thing, short of maybe a ball joint or so. 300 i6 efi engine with much more open true dual exhaust, but no crossover (yet!). This thing really can breathe!! Huge difference from the standard setup I've driven with these engines. Has super tall 3.08 gears, so with the 32" tires this monster is barely turning over 2000 rpm's at 65mph. Really impressive fuel economy for something with this much low end power. It has the NP435, not the t18. I think it's a really great combo, since the NP435 has a deeper starting gear than the t18. Matches up real nice with the rear end gearing. Starts can be a little stall-happy if you don't have your foot in the pedal, but I've gotten the feather-touch down pretty well so I don't usually have problems. And man, once you put your foot into the gas with this thing, that little farm engine just roars to life and this bottle rocket lurches into action. Very peppy considering the gearing it has to work with, and the lack of power production in the engine. All-in-all, after only a few weeks of ownership, I am convinced that my goals were correct and this is the right kind of rig for me!!

·
Super Moderator
24,686 Posts
Yo Fort Ford,
Welcome and Good that you registered.
Here's some in information for you:
See 1987 Ford Bronco Catalog, "Great Go-Togethers, Eddie Bauer and Ford Bronco" - The Henry Ford

1987 Owner's Manual, partial (Towing it & 4 speed manual transmission shift patterns & operation) by Ford via Mikey350 @ 1996 Ford Bronco 87 Bronco Owners Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

For any questions or to chat about it's planned modifications, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our site's FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search & more tips!

See BabaLooey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

➡Please try to take time to Participate and Vote in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Then get ready for the Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.)!

Al

·
Registered
1987 Bronco, 300 EFI, 3.08 gear, NP435, 32" tires, 2" level kit, dual exhaust, manual transfer & hub
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Miesk5! I will go through all your recommendations and get all that taken care of! Very helpful stuff!

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,395 Posts
Nice trucks! Welcome to the madness, now go get some mud shots.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks MojoJojo! Glad to be among my kind of crazy! Off to find some mud......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts