Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up an '86 parts truck locally. I bought it from the original owner and it has 80,296 miles on the odometer and it appears to be actual miles because the interior is in good condition. The truck itself is a mess but I bought it for parts since it had so many options that I want in a truck. I was able to negotiate the truck to $400.00 and with 80k miles on the 5.8 HO and C6, I think I did well as long as it's not a complete mess when I dig into it. If nothing else, I think I can get my money back in scrap metal.

The truck has some cool options that I would want and would be tough to find in parts and pieces. AC, rear defroster, tilt wheel, outside tire carrier, light group, power windows and locks, and captain's chairs. I'm not looking forwards to cleaning it up nor finding a donor body but I'm excited to find a lot of the options I want all in one truck.

Anyone need any red interior parts?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and the PO kept a windshield screen in the truck all the time to the gauges needles are all still bright and orange!!!

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Pictures and Welcome to our Home, Please take the time and click on the "VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE" so we can get more exposure and Members as yourself...

You can click on "Vote for TOP 4X4 SITE" On the bottom of my signature or go to "Other Forums".

Thanks,
Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the truck that turned out to be nothing more then a parts truck. The rot was just too extensive.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made some good progress today in getting the parts I wanted out of it. After I tear down the interior I'm going to yank the motor, tranny and transfer case and then keep searching for a truck with a solid body.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today I think I made a good score but I'd like to know what other's think. I bought a set of sliding rear windows out of an '84 (I didn't think they offered them in that late of a model year) for $50. They need a good cleaning but the glass is all in good shape and the parts are all there. This is something I've always thought was cool so I'm glad I got them even if they never are opened....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts