Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

In Front of Jopes
Discussion Starter #1
I have been with My Big Bronco and FSB for a long time. I need help.

On June 29th, 2015, I had a very bad woodworking accident. I was trying to mill out glued up stock that I had done on a CNC mill, as I needed to remove small amounts of material from the pocket holes, and the router bit kicked back on me, almost ripping the left side of my nailbed out. Router bits cause tissue damage which causes tissue death which is why I lost skin and tissue on that side.

I need an tissue/skin graft with partial nailbed reconstruction. I need more thumb than this to work any physical job.

I am in a position where am unemployed and no health insurance and I don't like asking for money but I need my thumb fixed up sooner than later. I have no choice and I need my thumb to work. Please excuse the high figure but I have no idea how much the exact cost will be. None of the the funds would be used for personal expenses but to cover all my healthcare costs. I would deeply appreciate donations to help me get my thumb fixed and able to work. I will be making personal sacrifices too to accomplish getting my thumb fixed up.
Thank You Very Much

Here is my gofundme with pics
http://www.gofundme.com/3k5w5ww2abg

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Awwww... that sucks Mike. Why no pics of the thumb though? Let's see what the fuss is all about.

I've got a few bucks up on PayPal for bike parts. I can toss a couple your way. Not much but what I can spare.

In Front of Jopes
Discussion Starter #3
I will post a pic when Im on my laptop but you can text 218-556-9612 for a pic. Thank You

ewww. meaty! :toothless
Some re-stitching, maybe a pin and some therapy and you'll be using that thing again in no time. :thumbup

what's your PayPal? I can't use GoFukMe. ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
paypal bro :thumbup

Even with insurance, I'm still paying on this but I've got 2 more months and it's paid for. :rockon And the best part is I got 100% movement and use back. I hope the same for you man. Sorry to hear and see about the accident.

alrighty... $50 headed your way through PP. Hope it helps. :thumbup

In Front of Jopes
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Pepe and Scott!!!
I will return the favor someday, my promise!!!

pass it forward buddy. that's what I'm doing here. :thumbup

Retired
Mike I read an article on this type of thing the other day and maybe some use to you...

How To Pay For Surgery Without Health Insurance
August 11th, 2009

inShare

Three months ago we had a baby and paid for it without health insurance or government aid.

Last week my wife had a surgery and we鈥檒l have it paid for as soon as we get the final invoice, again without any health insurance or government aid.

You should note that I have NOTHING against private health insurance (well, I think it鈥檚 grossly overpriced and doesn鈥檛 offer what it should) nor am I against getting government aid when appropriate (more on that tomorrow). This isn鈥檛 a political post, or a bashing post鈥 I just wanted to share a couple of ideas that might help you save money (or, be able to afford the health care you need).

When asked what our insurance is we simply respond that we are 鈥渟elf-pay.鈥 This means it doesn鈥檛 go through insurance, rather that we pay for it ourselves. As self-pay you can finance the service(s) through the service provider (hospital, doctor., etc.). Or you can pay in full. Why would you pay in full? Read on.

When we had our baby we told them we were self-pay and asked them if they offered a discount. Guess what the discount was?

OVER 50%! Instead of paying more than $8,000, our total hospital bill was around $3,400. That is a huge, significant savings. I like getting things on sale, and I like saving almost $4,000.

Note: We had to pay this in full before my wife got out of the hospital.

Fast forward three month (yeah, surgery three months later sucks). My wife goes in for a surgery, fairly standard, and the doctor said he would do surgery wherever we wanted, so we could shop around. We didn鈥檛 know you could or should shop around, asking hospitals what the cost would be. We found there were pretty significant differences and chose to stay with this same hospital, which offered 50% off of this procedure. (we also learned that if you are insured and pay the copay up front you save 25%)

The doctor also offered 50% off 鈥 we took advantage of this for both the birth and the surgery.

Did you know you could save so much? We had no idea. But for us it鈥檚 a necessity.

We also learned we could get a prescription for any oral medicine the doctor would prescribe that was to be administered in the hospital and get that filled at our local pharmacy and then just bring that in for another significant savings. I have no idea how much we saved but it was cool to know we could do that.

My point with this post is that health insurance isn鈥檛 the only way to get stuff paid for鈥 if you don鈥檛 have it simply ask your doctor or the staff (the medicine thing was a suggestion from his front desk staff), and the hospital finance people鈥 there are plenty of people who are self-pay and it isn鈥檛 as bad, scary or undoable as we thought it would be.

The scary part of this is that it exposes how expensive health insurance is. If a doctor and a hospital are willing to discount 50% of their invoice just to (a) get paid in full upfront, and (b) not go through the insurance system, can you imagine what healthcare would be without health insurance in our system?
Here is another article..

http://freakonomics.com/2013/08/23/paying-less-without-health-insurance/

http://theselfpaypatient.com/

Now go get you a Quote!!! You might be surprised at what you can and can't do..:thumbup

Pardon the pun of the :thumbup

In Front of Jopes
Discussion Starter #13
Lets just hope it keeps improving (nothing done here), Im just missing a small amount to the side and some skin missing from the top. One more appointment in my hometown and I will be making an appointment with a different doctor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts