Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking for some long tubes, when i started searching many of you have said not to do long tubes and a sas. why? i already did my sas and i did it with leaf springs.

·
Registered
983 Posts
clearance issues.

i don't really get it, i've seen a couple with long tubes and no problems with SAS swap clearanc.e

i run long tubes on mine but still have the ttb

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea my buddie put them on his truck with dynomax bullets i think and it sounds amazing and made a huge difference. i want the long tubes but dont wana rip it off.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well what would it posssibly hit. i have a 94 with a 302. sas and leafes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok yea i dont wana crush anything. ha that would be my luck

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i got 3 inch tubeing i know ill lose power but i got 40 series flows with 3 in and 3 out i wana run those

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,741 Posts
On the 70s axles, the diff is further in towards the center, which causes the problem. If you run a 86-97 D60 then the long tubes should fit.

·
Registered
600 Posts
On the 70s axles, the diff is further in towards the center, which causes the problem. If you run a 86-97 D60 then the long tubes should fit.
I hope you are right. If you are im buying you a beer.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Long tubes sucked on my 89 w a 5.0 and ttb.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:stupid

The differential is 3.5" closer to the driver side with the later model d60's, so you end up with a little less then that in added space between the driveshaft and headers.

Either way, long tubes aren't worth it on our trucks, there's no real performance gain to be had, and I've heard long tubes and shorties on our trucks and couldn't tell the difference in similar exhaust set ups. Cast manifolds vs headers, definitely, but long tubes vs shorties, no.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts