Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I wasn't sure where I should put this thread so I hope general discussion will work.

Anyway, I am running Chevy 8-lug outers on my HP D44 with H2 rims and 35" Goodyear MTR's. I want to install some longer wheel studs so can run 1/4" spacers to keep my tires from scrubbing the radius arms. I did some research on the Dorman web-site and came up with some wheel studs that should work, but I wanted to check here first. The OE wheel studs have a .623" knurl and the new, longer wheel studs have a .625" knurl. Do you foresee any problems with this? That's only .002" difference so I don't think it will be a problem. Am I over-thinking this? Worrying about nothing?

Here are the two wheel studs for comparison sake.

OE
Dorman 610.181
0.623" knurl
0.656" shoulder
1 7/8" long

Replacement
Dorman 610.347
0.625" knurl
0.718" shoulder (1/16" longer, which will be good)
2 29/32" long

Thanks for your input.:thumbup

·
Registered
446 Posts
2 thou is nothing on something like that. Should pull in no problem.

Worst case scenario, might have to "clean" the hole up w/ the dremel, but I doubt that would even be needed.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
I wouldnt even think about a .002 difference.

BTW, H2 rims? First time I've heard of anyone running them. Got any pics/info?

Also...still running your 8 lug D44/50 conversion. Works great aside from the weak stock axle shafts :-(. I've gotten many compliments and questions on that mod.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the H2 rims work well. I did have to mill the hub out in the center of each rim so that it would fit over the hub on my D60 rear axle. Part of the reason for wanting new wheel studs is that I need to run some 1/4" spacers on the front axle to keep my tires from rubbing the radius arms on my HP D44.

I haven't really taken any pics of my Bronco since I've owned it so I need to take some and post them up. Here are a couple of the back half with the trimmed fenders. Rusty4481 did the fender trimming when the Bronco belonged to him.

It's been a long time since we did that swap on your Bronco. Glad to hear it's still working for ya!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts