Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was wondering, I have the conversion kit for new wheelbearing locknuts, but do I need to have them. The new Mile Marker hub slides in fine, and engages with my finger pushing in the lock ring. I dont want to buy to tool. Acutally, I think that Advance Auto probabily has a free loaner tool to remove the lock nuts. Do I need the new lock nuts at all?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
As far as I remember, you only need the conversion kit when you have the three bolt hubs like mine did. Yours has the five bolt hub design. You will need the socket tool to do the bearings, and is worth buying at just about $15.00. Return the conversion kit and buy the socket.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
i got the socket at northern tool for under 10bucks.
alot either than just trying to jerry rig it.

that auto hub looks like ass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did search, but i came up with nothing on the conversion kit. sorry. Tomorrow i will go to napa to get a new wheel bearing.

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
hawk2100n said:
Look at this auto hub

Drivers side, and how it should look.
Im not seeing how this side is much better... its still an auto hub.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Take it easy on him guys. He's new to the site and needs help on a basic procedure. Give him some guidance and watch him grow into another helpful member of the site. At least he's doing the single greatest easy mods early!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well said Blue87, I cant tell you how many times I wanted to say that. Steve did you really do a search just to see if he did or not?

·
Registered
319 Posts
yeah, steve actually searched and got 59 results, cuz i just did and i got the same

·
Registered
531 Posts
Guess im just lucky i have Manual Locking Hubs...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts