Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we headed down to mankato to take a peek at the camper an' on the way back, saw this outta the corner of my eye. I pulled off an' had to look at it!!

Specs:
1987 Ford Bronco XLT
4X4 (duh)
5.0L 302ci V8 EFI OHV
Colorado truck
2 inch body lift
new muffler
4 speed manual
auto lockin' hubs
red interior
some rust
missin' rear spare (but does have rack)
top of rear tailgate painted a brighter white
hit in left rear bumper
124,000miles
brush gaurd
ranch shock absorbers

That's 'bout it, Dustin deleted my sig 'cause it's to long, fine by me! I'm makin' a new one an' more pics should be in my sig.

More pics:

Sorry, left the flash on

I also made a new avatar, 'cause I'm really lookin' into this 'n. Oh, an' here's the camper. The ram got 10mpg less so we took the sebring. Got the sebring stuck once.

Here it is, KZ frontier 2505 RS (rear slide) travel trailer. A little much, a little toooooooo much, but you try 5 people in a camper an' 2 oversized dogs!! :goodfinge

Here's the car,

It was a nice little dealer, found a Bronco II which is rare up here and an ol' F-150.

It was a good day over all. :thumbup

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
how much are they asking for the bronco

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, forgot to add that.:doh0715: only $2,999!

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
it sounds like a winner to me

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Argh, just need to find the money now!! :cry

I wasn't expectin' a deal to come so soon!! I just blew $100 on a muffler for the ram an' had to pay near $2,000 for the camper. :banghead Man, I don't know if I'll be able to afford another vehicle.

I'm gonna try my hardest to pull together some cash, but I'm still payin' off a truck, camper an' house. I'm barely acrapin' by on my monthly bills. Who knows, it may be months before I find a truck. But as long as I pay a monthly fee, the owner of the lot will hold it for me an' make up the difference in the final pay.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
Dont wast you $$$$$$$$$ on that peice of crrrrrrappppppppppp its all
fawded up you will find something better for less then that. and never buy one from a dealership there askinf i would say $1200 to much

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's that bad? It looks like a great deal to me. The interior is flawless an' the body lift looks like a professional job..........I thought it was a good one. I know there will be more, but our 3 hour round trip to mankato an' this is all I saw. I saw an 84 with a plow, but it wasn't for sale. Well I'll keep on the hunt, guess I'll go chat with the qwner of the place later.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I would say it's worth 2k-3k... BUT, IMHO you'd be better off finding one from the south to avoid rust issues. Yeah, you might have to travel farther to get it, but it'll be worth it to have no rust. (Or you could buy mine whenever you get cash, I'm not looking to sell her, really, but I'd be willing to sell her to an enthusiast so I could focus on racing the saab)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That'd be one hell of a drive. Got any pics? I'd be so-so interested. Like I said, it'll be what funds allow.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
that thing doesnt look worth 2999. And your sig was rediculously big before.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I agree, use caution with that one.

There are a ton of broncos out there. Don't dump your savings on the first halfway solid one you find. I searched for over a year to get mine, and it's very cherry.

I also agree that to head down south may be the best bet. I bought mine just outside Vancouver, because the vehicles out there don't see salt, and almost never rust.

Also, big trucks are not very popular in big cities right now due to gas prices and smaller parking spaces. You can pick them up for half their normal value.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No no, ya got me wrong. I know my sig was huge. I'm fine with the way it was. I'm glad someone told me somethin' before it got to be a big issue. I agree, most broncos 'round here are rustbuckets an' this is very minor rust compared to most minnesotan broncos. I'll keep up with the search, this was just a nice find. But, that is worth every penny here in MN, you should see some of the crappy vehicles they tru an' get top dollars for here. A bronco with no engine and no tranny with major rust an' completly stock went for $1000.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
this wasnt in mankato you saw the bronco was it? I like that old f-100

·
Registered
235 Posts
it was in Jordan, right?
thanks, now I don't have to stop to look at it.
3 hrs.? I live in st.boni at the moment and drive to mankato often, it only takes 1hr. and 45min.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
BigRigTruckin66 said:
... That's 'bout it, Dustin deleted my sig 'cause it's to long, fine by me! I'm makin' a new one an' more pics should be in my sig.
That's why your signature line got changed in the first place. In fact, your current one is still too big

·
Registered
184 Posts
RebelCowboy said:
Dont wast you $$$$$$$$$ on that peice of crrrrrrappppppppppp its all
fawded up you will find something better for less then that. and never buy one from a dealership there askinf i would say $1200 to much

amen....:notworthy i looked at that bronco when i sat at a carlot in jordan,mn. I started it up and shut it off and handed the keys back to the salesman she needs alot of work.....

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, well I'll keep on the search. Yeah broncoholic an' muddin'bronc, it was either in jordan or near there. It looked like it has been abused, but hey, I'd just like a nice fix'erupper. Sorry davids78bronco, I'm off to resize m sig! :toothless

1 - 20 of 24 Posts