Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am tired of the roof light bar because i either rip it off on something or i have to take it off when i need to park in a parking garage for a concert....i have found a few preruner light bars like the one at truckin suspension but the only thing they list is total length. If anyone has one or has some specs on some please post it for me....i would like to fine one i can bolt or weld on bit i would like to have it come up past the ford symbol....i would like the lights at about hood level...thanks for the help:beer

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need a freakin pipe bender but i can't convince the County Road commission to buy one (my dad works there as mechanic on the big trucks and stuff).:cry If i had access to one that would do it i would build it in a heart beat...i try to make everything myself because i am a college student with no time or moeny..:banghead I found one in summit that fits particular vehicles and was thinking about just buying one for a superduty and making the brackets myself...for right now though i am just going to weld tabs on the inside of the bumper so i can mount my lights becaus ethe aluminum threads are starting to come off on the screws. :duh

·
Registered
343 Posts
light bar?

Wanna sell the light bar?

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i could sell it to ya pretty cheap...after i get my lights mounted on my bumper i can snap some pics of it for ya.:beer

·
Registered
506 Posts
I made mine outta 1.25" electrical conduit. Call an electrical shop and they can prolly bend the tubes for you for cheap. Mine took 4 bends for the whole thing. I can't really help ya on the dims, as mine is a different style, but you can prolly do some measuring and get close. If you want I can measure mie ti give you a starting point.
here's mine:

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that looks pretty good for just 1.25" i was thinking like 2 or 3 inch because i like overkill....:thumbup

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Are you just looking for something to bolt to your stock bumper, or a complete replacement? If you'd like, I can make you a killer deal on the lightbar
PM me... payments are flexible ;)

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
payments = :enforce they bad very bad.....i would like a replacement like umm dustins i think not sure though....but if it isn't in my price rangew i have 1/4" thick by 3 or 4 inch diameter tuber out back... make a great bumper just nothing to bend it with.... nothing bolts on it always has to be fired on...:beer

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
:lolup I don't ask for credit card #s, or report you to a credit bureau, just offering an alternative, to help you get what you want, sooner, than later.

If you're stuck on using the pipe for the bumper, you can buy 45 and 90º elbows from your local steel yard, or hardware store

·
Registered
343 Posts
the light bar

ok good...cause im looking for a light abr...And i also see your in Michigan:thumbup Pm me

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahah hardware store yeah right.....i have more metal laying around my house than they can order for me....they don't have anything over an inch diameter....local metal shop is 45 mins away....but maybe i need to stop at my dads work again they have very nice supply of everything......and their plasma cutter sure does work nice...:cry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts