Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for gauge pods that will work in our 87 Bronco. I did search and found pics of guys who have installed A-pillar pods which is cool... They also have stated they bought them from Autometer, but I went to their site and didn't find anything for a bronco.. I also search Summitracing.com and didn't find anything but gauges..

I'm even thinking of mounting them on the dash in a seperate pod setup, but haven't decided..

So if there is a A-pillar pod will work, let me know what the part # is and not just say "so and so sells them"... I'm looking to do these this weekend.. If it's an A-pillar I would like a 3 pod, but will only do 2 if that's all I can get..

thanx!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Spectre said:
I'm looking for gauge pods that will work in our 87 Bronco. I did search and found pics of guys who have installed A-pillar pods which is cool... They also have stated they bought them from Autometer, but I went to their site and didn't find anything for a bronco.. I also search Summitracing.com and didn't find anything but gauges..

I'm even thinking of mounting them on the dash in a seperate pod setup, but haven't decided..

So if there is a A-pillar pod will work, let me know what the part # is and not just say "so and so sells them"... I'm looking to do these this weekend.. If it's an A-pillar I would like a 3 pod, but will only do 2 if that's all I can get..

thanx!
No pics, but here is some information for you...

Check out ProPods, they make a single and double gauge pod for your '87. Website is HERE. They make a full pillar pod for the 92-96 Broncos only, however.

Ford F-Series 87-97 (excl.’97 F150)
82078 - P/N for dual 2-1/16" gauges
81058 - P/N for single 2-1/16" gauges
81057 - P/N for single 2-5/8” gauges

Ford F-Series 92-97 (excl.’97 F-150)
82078 - P/N for dual 2-1/16" gauges
81058 - P/N for single 2-1/16" gauges
92014 - P/N for full pillar dual 2-1/16" gauges
93020 - P/N for full pillar triple 2-1/16" gauges

They also have gauge pods for the dash and cubby holes, just look around on the site.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
funny you should bring this up vic, I was just thinking the same thing.

I want a triple gauge pod, not a double. I need it for oil and water pressure, and I want to do a trans temp too.

ANyone have any luck modifying a fox or sn95 mustang triple gauge pod to work on their piller? I'm wondering if I cut off the bottom that's supposed to mate to the dash, how would it fit on the piller.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like the tripple for oil preasure, water temp, and volts..

I wonder what kind of mods would have to be done to make a 92-96 pod fit the pillar of an 87-91

·
Registered
18 Posts
Spectre said:
I would like the tripple for oil preasure, water temp, and volts..

I wonder what kind of mods would have to be done to make a 92-96 pod fit the pillar of an 87-91
I'm just assuming it would only require modification to the lower part as the dashes are different. Ask around for pics from the 87-91 and 92-96 guys of where the A-pillar meets the dash?

Good luck...

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx TwoBlocked..

I did see some pics of their stuff, but all the posts are for over a year ago... I'll try and hit them up.

Sux cause I can't go buy the gauges until I find out what size the pillar pod will hold..

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
so they do make a 92-96 triple pod for a bronco??

the issue is, I have an 86 mustang gt, and they don't make a triple pod, they make one only for 87-93. It's all in the base, where it meets the dash. For that reason, I'm thinking we can cut the end of the bronco 92 style, and just glue/attach the triple to the piller, since it's already in the correct piller form.

the double pod doesn't go the length of the piller anyhow, so I think this could work.

anyone have a link for the 92+ bronco triple? i'll be the guinea pig.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pillar Pod

I order an Autometer Pillar Pod & Gauge set for my 97' Powerstroke Truck and the company set 2- 3 gauge Pillars-- After contacting the company they said just keep it. Anyways I thought I'd give it a try for the Bronco and the only thing I had to do was to shave the bottom of the Pod and paint the color to match. It fits and looks good.

FishBone

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So basically just like has been stated.. shave down the bottom where it meets the dash and they'll work?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
FishBone said:
I order an Autometer Pillar Pod & Gauge set for my 97' Powerstroke Truck and the company set 2- 3 gauge Pillars-- After contacting the company they said just keep it. Anyways I thought I'd give it a try for the Bronco and the only thing I had to do was to shave the bottom of the Pod and paint the color to match. It fits and looks good.

FishBone
Pics please !

Sixlitre

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See Taco.. That's what I'm talkin about.. I'll have to check our bronco and see if that would work in ours... Being it's an 87 I'll have to check clearence or if it will interfear with the ashtry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Spectre,

I see that your in CA, I think you might have Checker Parts stores or Schucks, they carry Autometer A-Pillars they might let you take one out to the parking lot and see how it lines up. I don't have pictures of mine put together I mocked it up and painted it. It'll be a couple of weeks till I get the interior back together.

FishBone

·
0 Posts
Ashtray on mine clears with no problem. I had the A pillar style gauges on my excursion and it worked well in there. I find myself putting my left hand on the a pillar "Oh Sheyot" type of deal and i also hope to have a cage at some point in the future and wanted to keep that in mind before i mounted them.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FishBone said:
Spectre,

I see that your in CA, I think you might have Checker Parts stores or Schucks, they carry Autometer A-Pillars they might let you take one out to the parking lot and see how it lines up. I don't have pictures of mine put together I mocked it up and painted it. It'll be a couple of weeks till I get the interior back together.

FishBone
Checker, Schucks, Same company, but they are called Kragen out here.. Do you know what the part # you got from them was? I'm in good with them and they'll let me take it outside and check for fitment..

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
94_chickentaco said:
My setup, no A pillar for me.
I went the same rout........

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
the 87-91's have an ashtray right there, that def will not work.

I've actually got a double up in my room intended for the stang. It does not go all the way down.

I'll go out after lost and hold it to my piller in the bronco to see how well it forms to the piller. If it does, cutting down a triple would be easy.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Well, I test fit my mustang gauge pod onto my bronco piller. It's too narrow. I suppose with some sticky tape it could be held up there, but it wouldn't look quite right.

Triple Pillar (Black)
Product #
Application(s):
1997-2001 Ford F-150

I found that on the autometer site. All that would be needed is a gauge pod that is wider to fit around the piller a little better, I'm betting it would work.

Would kragen stock these? I wonder if brothers (the mustang place local to me) would stock these so I could test fit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts