Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so I'd like a couple of you guys opinion on the value. Looking at it as a potential DD.

It's pristine bone stock and unmolested rust free truck with clean interior (some seat wear but no rips..clean carpet..etc.) and every option I could think of. 157K miles but runs perfect and has no leaks anywhere. 5.8l w/ new wires cap, rotor plugs. New raddy, new tires, all 6 shocks new. New front bearings, rotors and pads and new manual lockouts. New paint (well done), dk blue metallic with gold lower panels and running boards. Tan removal top.

Guy is asking 5800. I'm thinking 5000?...what say you? I'm a 66-79 Bronco guy...so not up on what the later models are going for.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I bought my 96 Eddie Bauer last year without the new raddy and lockouts and paid about 7000.00 (got hosed on that one). 5000.00 might be pretty good as long as everything works and drives well. Can you get pics?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
No leaks?? Something is wrong.. walk away! :toothless

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
yeah that thing should be leaking by now

I paid $6200 for my 96 XLT w/ all options and 71K back in June

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Any mention of the trans being rebuilt? If it hasn't it will need it sooner or later and plan on that costing about $2k.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any mention of the trans being rebuilt? If it hasn't it will need it sooner or later and plan on that costing about $2k.
No..its original and that was one of my first quetions to the guy. I realize that 171K is long in the tooth for that OD auto...and I'm no fan of the 8.8 rear either; that would have to go but its such an easy swap to go 9" and I have plenty of 'em.

The no leaks part was amazing..it literally has none anywhere...not even 'seeps'. Maybe it just does not have any fluids in it.:toothless

I didn't get pics but will when I test drive it tomorrow. It is one of the cleanest I have seen..chrome and all.

Sounding like 5K is in the right range, from what I'm hearing so far and I'll be saving up for a tranny overhaul at some point.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Wow, is it really that rare to find a Bronco with no leaks? Haha, I bought an '80 for $700 and it doesn't leak a thing, except for a cracked valve cover gasket that I just tightened down.

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
$5000 sounds about right. The trans is something I would worry about. I wouldn't worry about the 8.8 for a daily driver. I'm quite certain the E4OD needs the reference from the tone ring in the rear diff to function properly so the 9" swap might not be as simple a swap.

You could always buy a 96 F250 4x4 Crew cab with a 460. The trans has 10K miles on it :toothless

·
Harmful if swallowed
2,115 Posts
If it's as clean and pristine as it sounds, 5800 is a good price to me, any less would be great

And a 9" is not a "cheap" swap. Bolting it in is the easy part, you have to buy or make a VSS relocation setup.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:toothless
$5000 sounds about right. The trans is something I would worry about. I wouldn't worry about the 8.8 for a daily driver. I'm quite certain the E4OD needs the reference from the tone ring in the rear diff to function properly so the 9" swap might not be as simple a swap.

You could always buy a 96 F250 4x4 Crew cab with a 460. The trans has 10K miles on it :toothless
Yeah..I'm aware of the tone ring issues for the 9" swap. Having 6000 sf of weld and machine shop with an electronics lab makes some things a little easier than average. And like you said Steve..for DD and light towing, it should be OK.

Thanks fer the generous offer on the F-250..but I already gots two haulers..the '89 F-250 7.3 and the '90 F-350 dually 7.3. The '90 is on the crew chassis but has a big custom toolbox behind a standard cab instead. I'm looking fer something that is a comfy DD..with A/C and cruise, neither of which I have had in any of my trucks since the early 80s. Heck..I haven't even had an auto tranny truck since the early 80s.

Plus..there is room in the Eddie for my walker and I can add a wheelchair lift when I need it soon.:goodfinge

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think I paid around 5000 for my 96 EB f150, was a good deal for me, bought it from original buyer and only had 88k on it, was a city truck with clean everything. Owned by a mechanic at a ford dealership, so I would guess it has been kept up to spec.

I would say you found a good deal, especially after the test drive if it runs smooth and all. See if it feels right, got to love that feeling. Later.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I paid 5400 for mine last June. Garage kept, small oil leak, never wheeled, paint near perfect, no tears in the leather, Florida so no rust, 139k. Out of 8 Broncos I looked at, this was by far the cleanest. The first two owners were brothers, both in their late 40's. I am the third owner. He was also asking 5800.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought my 94 eddie bauer with 131k miles in Feb of 2007 for 4k. Mine is the 5.0 and is in freakin perfect condition except I am missing my passanger arm rest. :cry I dont know what you guys are talking about with leaks. My bronco doesnt leak a drop of any fluid...... None of the vehicles that I have bought have. If a leak ever comes up I fix whatever it is. If anyone has a passanger side arm rest that is tan and leather pm me I will buy it.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
don't you have enough broncos? leave some for the less fortunate.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
with that kind of mileage and the original e40d, i don't think there's anyway i would offer more than 4500 for it tops. i can't help noticing the bottom has dropped out of bronco prices. oil just hit $100 a barrel to boot.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
with that kind of mileage and the original e40d, i don't think there's anyway i would offer more than 4500 for it tops. i can't help noticing the bottom has dropped out of bronco prices. oil just hit $100 a barrel to boot.
Funny thing about that number, Dave..when Filly and I were giving it a look-over yesterday, that is the number that I threw out as 'what I would consider a 'deal'' on the truck. I don't rack up more than 12K a year on my DD and company pays for gas, so mileage is a non-issue really:thumbup

Going back today and take some pics and give it a drive. the guy selling it is a mechanic with a good rep and that is also why it comes with MD inspection already done. We'll see...he said he's had a lot of calls but no action at all yet, and its been sitting a week so far. I like to wait 'em out and steal 'em.:toothless

Jopes...I gots lots of EBs but we need a comfy DD and my '78 is getting torn down for the D60 upgrade, rollcage, OBA and a doubler. Be down for a while and will be rolling on 37" shoes when its done...shoes I won't be running quite so many miles on as I did with teh 35s. And all I have for backup DD is my son's '76 and its not done either.:whiteflag

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
I paid $5500 for my clean '96 XLT with a non-leaking 5.0 and 100k miles, so I think you're in the ballpark. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 25 Posts