Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have the opportunity to get my hands on this by making payments to a friend who sells parts to the jeep club I play with once in a while

HS9500 SELF-RECOVERY WINCH
The HS stands for High Speed. The 9500 stands for the rated line pull. Fast vehicle retrieval was designed into this winch series right from the start. That's because most off-road winching situations require driving and steering while pulling. The faster the no-load line speed, the less likelihood the vehicle will drive over the wire rope. Fast retrieval also reduces the chances of bird's nesting and over-wraps that damage wire rope. So the HS9500 is the perfect blend of speed, efficiency, torque, reliability and durability.

I am thinking that this capacity along with a snatch block could get me out of just about anything I bury myself in and will drag me up anything I might get stuck climbing ... I was gonna go with the MM hydro 10k rig, but I can pay this off over the winter to ease the pain a bit :thumbup

Anybody know anything about these HS units?

what are your opinions of a 9500lb capacity unit?

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
Don't know how big of a deal it really is, might a lot more in mud, but they usually reccomend that you get a winch that can pull twice the weight of your bronco. I know that's not off by much, just a thought.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Broncobob said:
Don't know how big of a deal it really is, might a lot more in mud, but they usually reccomend that you get a winch that can pull twice the weight of your bronco. I know that's not off by much, just a thought.

I was always under the impression the rule of thumb was weight and a half .. but I do hera what your saying with frame scraping mud stucks it gets even higher than twice the weight real quick....that's why I figured with a snatch block it would be sufficient for most good stucks

Dave ... I like that fact that it is fast ... you think with a tail clipped on it would help with the fingers? :shrug

your friends are happy with theirs? .. has it pulled you out of anything good? .. over big rocks, the tank trap, etc?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well thats what a snatch block is for doubles the pulling power of your winch just make sure you have a good attachment place on your frame somewhere. I have a 9000lb winch on both of my vehicles my 86f150 and the 94 bronco but accompanied by a 30,000 lb snatch block and accessories.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
I've seen them test those things on a vehicle with it's brakes locked, while pulling them up hill. Warn winches are awesome! I just wish I had the money to buy one. Ramsey is another good one. If not Warn, then Ramsey would be my second choice.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
The HS is warn's attempt to put the benefits of the 8274 into a more compact horizontal winch. The reason why tons of rockcrawlers run the 8274 is because of the very fast line speed. If you need to winch up a steep hill, and then you gain traction and shoot foward, you want the winch to be able to take up the slack in the asap. Because if you loose traction, you dont want to roll back down the hill, and if you do and there is slack in the line, it will put alot of abuse on the winch when you eat up the slack.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I say go for it, I run the HS9500 on my Bronco and it is great. I have several friends with big Chevys running on 39" to 44" swampers and they all run it never any problems. They say get a winch 1 1/2 times the weight of your truck.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and pussies drive around mud holes so they won't need a winch :goodfinge

if all you had to help you was a Zuk .. you wouldn't go in there ... I WANT TO!!! time and time again .. so there ya go .. I wanna get stuck .. I like that shit :) .. that's about 3-4 feet deep down there and I got no lockers ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd go for it!!!

I (personally) would rather have the 9500 than a 12k due to the speed. I've been in several situations, one in particular, that having a fast winch has saved my ass....where a slow winch woulda let me get into serious trouble.
and I would avoid the hydro winch you were thinking of like the plauge.....for that same reason....that MM hydro is the slowest thing going.

I've been running my 9500 for several years now, and only winch I'd rather have over it is a 8274-50......

--Berne

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have the hs9500 and I love it. I've owned very slow winches and this 9500 is by far the fastest. You never really realize how nice a fast winch is until you use one.----It kicks the shit out of my old ramseys and warn 9000's. I would definitely buy it!!!!!!!

BRian

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
man oh man .. this is gettin tough :thumbup

I have been pondering this Bad Boy as well ... for $600 US would actually be less than what I would pay for the HS9500 after conversion ... would have to ship it and pick it up in VT like I did my rollcage

MileMarker Electric E12000

I really dig the fast line speed, but savinga little bit of $$ AND getting a 12,000lb unit is quite appealing ... I don't know what to do ..... :shrug

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I've never owned a milemarker so I can't help you there. I've wheeled with people that have milemarkers and they have never had problems with them--there just real slow--well, compared to my hs9500 and the other warns I've owned previously. I've owned a warn m8000, a xd9000i, a m2500 (for my honda 450s), and currently a 8274 and the hs9500i. I've never had a problem with any of warns winches. The 2500 on my 4-wheeler has been submerged no less then 200 times and has never let me down. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Good luck on whatever you decide,
Brian

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the input Buds :beer .. the more I can get the better

anybody out there have any knowledge of Mile Marker winches? :shrug

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
try this forum--I know there has been alot of discussion here on milemarkers-- well, i can't get my link to work right so i deleted it--anyway it's on the bronco section of offroad.com--I just did a search on milemarker and alot of stuff came up.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Damager said:
man oh man .. this is gettin tough :thumbup

I have been pondering this Bad Boy as well ... for $600 US would actually be less than what I would pay for the HS9500 after conversion ... would have to ship it and pick it up in VT like I did my rollcage

MileMarker Electric E12000

I really dig the fast line speed, but savinga little bit of $$ AND getting a 12,000lb unit is quite appealing ... I don't know what to do ..... :shrug
Is that $600 plus shipping. Or is it free shipping.

I can get the MM9000 for $371.49 (company cost) plus tax (through work). I think it comes out to $405 or so.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts