Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall,

i am a sophomore at the university of oklahoma (but i'm still a Texan:D ). anyway, i have a '96 volvo 850 Turbo lightly modded right now, but i am definatley in the market for a bronco. my dad had a 4x4 v6 5 speed bronco II when i was little and i loved that car. i have always wanted a bronco, and if it had been up to me when i got my first car, i would have gotten a bronco. my dad has an f250 4x4 super duty right now, so i have a love for ford trucks in general. i am looking for a 94-96 5.0 currently, but it may be as far away as next summer before i can buy one. i can consider myself at least competent with cars, but i am definatley a noob when it comes to broncos (obviously). i will try not to ask too many idiotic questions so that i don't waste everyones time.

-austin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thanks for the advice. im gonna try to drive as many different variations as possible to see what suits me best. this site is pretty cool in that there are plenty of southerners here. the volvo board i belong to has some, but it is mostly yankees who are incredibly occupied on keeping their cars absolutely spotless. i posted a pic up of an intake that i made, and all anyone could say was how dirty my engine compartment is:mad: i just thought it was normal for a vehicle with 107k on it, but whatever.

intake

K

·
0 Posts
hey man, welcome to the site :thumbup

as for the intake, any experience will help you on your way to makin your bronc like damager's over here! good luck with findin what you want...... - kenny

·
Super Moderator
14,725 Posts
Welcome to the site man..:beer :beer . Hey if you're fabbing up intakes, you'll fit right in here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've done a few things to my car, but not much really since i'm just a poor college kid, and volvo afermarket is really expensive. that is one of the things that draws me to the bronco...you can get headers for under 300 bucks, whereas on my car, an aftermarket downpipe for the turbo is upwards of 800-900:shocked

K

·
0 Posts
who cares if its dirty? if ya own a bronc, GET USED TO IT!!! just dont get a black one..!:toothless

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think it actually adds to a truck to have it dirty. it lets everybody know that it is not just a yuppie vehicle that has never seen any work. i drove my dad's super duty for about a year, and honestly i think it looked the best after i would take it off road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts