Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says, I'm looking for a used CB (preferably Cobra, but others considered) and possibly a firestick antenna. I'd rather have one that's less than 5-6+ years old too :toothless

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've been looking through ebay but thought if someone here had one they needed to let go, I may as well swap them some dough then some guy in Wisconsin :toothless

Plus most of them @ eBay are over $60, I'm just looking for a cheap one that picks up a couple of miles w/ a firestick.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I got mine via the ebay special... With an external speaker/mic holder it was something like $15 shipped. As for the antenna, the 8' ratshack special is sooooo the way to go :toothless

Edit: You probably won't see these in time BUT:
Cornell Dubiler Mark I
Newer Midland
Realistic
Older midland

All produced by searching "CB Radio" without quotes on ebay...

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
If your still looking, I have a new CB, still in the box that I had purchased for my g/f Ranger about 2-3 months ago. Never installed. Still have receipt. PM if your interested, as I could send an image of CB & receipt later this evening.

-Rudi-

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ziggy_Moto said:
Yeah I've been looking through ebay but thought if someone here had one they needed to let go, I may as well swap them some dough then some guy in Wisconsin :toothless

Plus most of them @ eBay are over $60, I'm just looking for a cheap one that picks up a couple of miles w/ a firestick.
What's a firestick antenna look like? and why is this the type you want.
I'm looking for a CB right now also and never heard the term firestick.

·
Registered
27 Posts
To find the best deal on a cb go to one of the big truck stops near you. Usually toward the end of the week and/or month there is usually two or three guys trying to sell their spares. Just be sure the guy lets you try it out before you fork the cash. If you want a new one try GI Joes cb shop on the web. Good prices but you will have to find a good tech near you to peak and tune it. As for a Firestick there only about $20 new. You might also try to find a Skip Shooter. Same design but usually gets out alittle further.

·
Registered
28 Posts
OMG dont waste your time on a firestick [junkstink] and as for as a radio if you want to get your moneys worth get a cobra 29ltd classic the older models not the new ones now i myself use twin francis [fiberglass] whips 4ft $14.00 ea. and a connex 3300hp with a kicker but its your money just get your swr's set cost around 20 bucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts