Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good cheap wheel in black? I have a dark red 93 bronco, and want to put some black wheels with 33's on it, with no lift, and ive searched and relize i might have to do some trimming on the bumper and im ok with that.
Also what width wheel would be best and what backspacing?? This is my second Bronco, my other was an 81 and i loved it, just trying to make this look meaner. Not a serious off road person, just like to drive it in the woods for camping, hunting, ect.... occasional mud. Any input would be appriciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Ok those look pretty good, what backspacing would i need and 7 or 8 inch wide?? Thanks.
The MB72's are 15x8 with a -19mm offset (3.75BS). The Level 8 Trackers are 15x8 with a -30mm offset (3.3"BS).

My system shows, with stock suspension, a 32x10.50 or 32x11.50 can work with either one of these wheels. If you want to run the 33" you may need to lift it up a hair or make some modifications to get them to clear.

Maybe a few other members running 33"s will chime in with their experience. Tires are a lot like shoes, some run larger than others in the same size so when you are pushing the limits it can get a little difficult to tell you exactly what will fit or not fit without test fitting.

·
Registered
99 Posts
this my baby but the rims where like $120 a piece and sure u could find cheaper tires than BFG's but i have 28K miles on those MT now and probably 5-8k still left

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
14 Posts
So what rims (make/model/size) are those dsgb9840? And how much are you lifted?

I'm looking at a similar setup next spring some time and wanted to know what size rims I need to look at for 33's or 35's in 12.50. Here in PA your tires can not stick out past your wheel well or you get a ticket.

Thanks,
J

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Here are my trucks to give you an idea.

My Ranger has the MB 72's, but not in black. They are 15x8 with the -19mm offset. Tires are 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratracs. Perfect stance, imo. But of course this is on a smaller truck.

My Bronco with 15x8 Eagle 100 series. I LOVE these wheels. I picked them up used from a member here for cheap. I believe they are 3.75 backspacing. I would have liked them to be 15x10's though. Also have 33x12.50 BFG AT's on them. Second set of these. Good tire...but pricey.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very nice!

Did you have to cut the front bumper to get the 33's to not rub? Also, any change you could shoot a pic looking from the top of the fender looking down on the tire?

PA is real stickler for tires sticking out past the fenders and I don't want to deal with having to buy tires twice or having to get fender flares.

Thanks!

J

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
They don't stick out too far. Few inches tops. Here are a few more to demonstrate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts