Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow BroncoSpeeders,

I have a friend who is looking to build a go fast early Bronco, sigh I know. Still trying to convince him to come to the dark side and buy a full size. He's looking for a shop to build a cage and suspension. Anyone have good contacts in San Diego? Contacts, links and photos would be helpful.

Thank you.

Chris

·
Registered
754 Posts
Fab for an EB

I think an EB could be made to work, However my experience with the short WB Wrangler shows it is probably a lost cause unless the WB is at least 1 $foot longer$. EBs are 92". The front live axle can be overcome with a $good design$.
My EB is linked with CO F/R and is set up for 35" Krawlers. Its a handfull at speed. I would never drive it on the SF powerline road. Suspension is by Glen at Complete Fab in El Cajon. Running gear is by PO and is a 5.0/AOD/D20/9"ARB/D44 ARB. No issues there.
Bottom line is a Full size will be much less costly than an EB. If he puts 20k into an EB an almost stock FSB wil be faster in the desert. He should go for a trail rig like most of the EB guys.

Ask the guy if he has looked at the EB specialized shops. He can probably buy a finished one for a fraction of the cost to build. classicbroncos.com is where to start to find the fqab guys. Only a couple are in CA they are scattered all over the US.
Class3 racing is another good source.

Been there - done that.
Paul

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good Fab Shop in SD

I know one. My Brother-in-law has a fab shop called Exile Motorsports located in east county, i.e. Alpine. He specializes in Diesel performance and prerunner fabrication. let me know if you are interested in giving him a call. I can get you his number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts