Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am trying to get this truck fixed up a bit this year the only prob. is that I have really no funds to do it with......So this might be a streatch........

Does anybody have the passenger side axle from a early 80's Bronco or a F150 that I might be able to to get for the price of shipping plus maybe a bit for the axle if not too much??????

I need full one with the slip joint.............

I know this is a streatch but maybe someone that has done a SAS might have a good axle just laying around and I am willing to take it off your hands
:whiteflag

I would post this in the other sections but I am not looking to do the whole over the boarder thing and all the hassles from them at the boarder.....

·
Practicing Infidel
15,307 Posts
kwboom said:
Well I am trying to get this truck fixed up a bit this year the only prob. is that I have really no funds to do it with......So this might be a streatch........

Does anybody have the passenger side axle from a early 80's Bronco or a F150 that I might be able to to get for the price of shipping plus maybe a bit for the axle if not too much??????

I need full one with the slip joint.............

I know this is a streatch but maybe someone that has done a SAS might have a good axle just laying around and I am willing to take it off your hands
:whiteflag

I would post this in the other sections but I am not looking to do the whole over the boarder thing and all the hassles from them at the boarder.....

heck man

That kinda part, in an Ontario Junkyard will run you $20.00 ! The shipping would cost you more. Practice removing yours a time or two, then hit the yards.

Sixlitre (Ottawa)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did pull mine off but it took forever.........

Any suggestion in removing it and what tools to bring when I go hunting????

·
Practicing Infidel
15,307 Posts
kwboom said:
I did pull mine off but it took forever.........

Any suggestion in removing it and what tools to bring when I go hunting????
Read a few threads here and note the uber-expensive tools they use to make the job easy.

Then drive down to your nearest "The Parts Source" a division on Canadian Tire. Purchase one $13.00 U-joint for that side (and keep it and the receipt in the bag for return later).

next borrow all the tools you saw in the threads off them and head to the junkyard with them. 30 minutes later, walk out of the yard with $20.00 used shaft (with possibly useable U-joint attached to it.

Once U-joint is verified as useable, return tools and U-joint and thank them very much.

1.) Parts Source has newer, less used loaner tools than CTC.

2.) Here and Meisk5's webpage offer the best pics of the installs.

****Alternative plan

Walk into yard and tell the guy you want the shaft and spindle and get his price to match ficticious junkyard X's price (you determine).

He pulls his blue wrench out and cuts many corners and it's in your hand smokin' hot for $20.00, no tools borrowed.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have just called everywhere. And I can't find a axle under $200:banghead

So I will post this again............

Does anybody have a spair axle shaft that I might be able to get off you:whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag

If I have to spend 200-300 on a shaft I might just try to find a solid axle to drop in........but that is at a last resort............

Please I will pay shipping and, if a shaft only costs 20-50 bucks in your neck of the woods I will be willing to pay for that..............

P.S. I got told that you can ship on the Grayhound bus for about $20..:chili:

P.S.S. I only need from U-joint to U-joint......I have the shaft that goes to the wheel spindle and the other that goes into the diff..... If that makes any sense :toothless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts