Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this also goes along with the skidplate question in the other forum as i need to keep the mud out...the only material i can think of off the top of my head is like what they use in the back for the rear wheels which is thin and flexible....I don't really want any molded stuff...So what are some good suggestions as to material..

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only prob with that is it tall enough with out having to put two pieces of it together..i thought it only came in like 3 inchs or so...

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
I'm not sure. I've never used it, a buddy used it for fender flares though. That's what made me think of it.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn that inner tube is a good idea...thick enough to prolly rivet it to the inner fener and other shit....or jb weld it...:toothless ...i can get nice heavy duty tubes from the county for free too....i will have to check into that...tanks man:drinkbud

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Do you feel like shipping one of those free tubes? A branch speared the balloon under my pool cover :banghead

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha.... i will have to check in with my dad and see what he can get me....he is suppose to bring home some d-rings of the big trucks and tow hooks for me :thumbup ...he tells me stories that gives me nightmares though...his boss tels hime any bolt that hits the floor is just trash go get another one out of the bin...its all grade 8 hardware....so now we have anice selection at home too of grade 8. :shrug

·
Registered
117 Posts
I used a truck mud flap before on my 84. JUst go to a truck parts place and see what they have, different styles, some are rubber and the one i used was a flexable plastic which was 36 in long(.25 thick) tom

·
Registered
117 Posts
truck tubes

Brkrtstk, im down in middletown, how many tubes do you want. they may need a patch or 2. let me know tom

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Re: truck tubes

tommyp said:
Brkrtstk, im down in middletown, how many tubes do you want. they may need a patch or 2. let me know tom
Just one or two, would be great. They don't need to pretty, just functional. I was thinking of going to Sports Authority and buying a snow tube, they have them on sale for $7.

Middletown, Bucks County?

·
Registered
117 Posts
bucks county it is. I my be able to ship a few up to the pepboys in warminster, i used to work there and my buds the service manager. that my br a smaller trip for ya. tom:beer

did you get the motors switched? i wanted to try to help but its just been to crazy

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Tom,
I could come get them, I'm on the border of Mont and Bucks. I used to work at the boys on Delaware Ave.

Engine are swapped, pick up is running, and awaiting exhaust, donor truck was picked up Monday, it now lives at Barney's in lIne Lexington.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here is my "new gap guards"...i am going to prolly rap them around the frame and zip tie or rivet to itself then to the inner fender...they are the tubes out of the big county sterling plow trucks...:toothless

edit: i am going to cut them in half and use them like a sheet....they are huge and the pic doesn't do justice

oh also got some real tow hooks while i was up there tonight too..my dad said he is only seen them flatten out once...that was when the truck had a full load and was down in a ditch....i don't think i should ever have that prob since i am not running dual axles with dualies and a cummins turbocharded I-6 :D

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
installed the driver side of this today....it doesn't look to hick like but if it does its job that is all that matters....hopefully get the hooks on sunday

·
Registered
519 Posts
hey man I like it! its very zombie like :rockon Im gonna have to try something like that

·
Registered
117 Posts
DeepSeaSnake said:
hey man I like it! its very zombie like :rockon Im gonna have to try something like that
tube looks good, should do the job. You wont break those tow hooks, probally just rip a few feet of frame off instead :duh They make you very front heavy thou. (jk) good deal tom

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The zombie part doesn't bother me at all because the first time i go out and play they will definately dissapear in all the muck...

tommyp said:
tube looks good, should do the job. You wont break those tow hooks, probally just rip a few feet of frame off instead :duh They make you very front heavy thou. (jk) good deal tom

Yea that is why i had to put the air bags up front....keeps the truck somewhat level with the hooks on...If i got stuck that bad with the all terains i have on there now i think i would have to run two tanks of gas through the truck with just spinning the tires
:p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts