Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats every one im a new to the site and a new owner of a great FSB but i need an experinced mechanic tohelp me make my FSB the best i can make it i want too modify the height and engine it already looks like it5s been lifted but im not quit sure so help me guys:whiteflag :chili:

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Step 1: Know where to post. This is the area for suggestions about the site and what we as members can suggest to make it better.

Step 2: List all the information about your Bronco over <~~~~there like i did (underneath your name)

Step 3: Learn your Bronco before you attempt to modify it. We can't tell you just from you saying "it looks like it's lifted" if it is in fact lifted or not, get a supermotors account and post some pics of it. There are tags on your drivers side door that will tell you everything you need to know about it.

Step 4: Introduce yourself in the introductions section and in your Chapter, i am sure there are some people in your chapter that can help you find a mechanic.

Step 5: Try to help yourself prior to asking for help. The search function is very good if used correctly. Try searching the site for an answer prior to starting a new thread, the topic you are going to ask has more than likely been covered here before.

Step 6: Pick up a Haynes Manual, or Chilton's, or in my case, i picked them both up. There are also service CD's available from some of the members, you can never have too much information about your Bronco.

Step 7: Enjoy your Bronco. I am sure you didn't buy it for fuel efficiency, and you didn't buy it because it's so aerodynamic.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
Step 1: Know where to post. This is the area for suggestions about the site and what we as members can suggest to make it better.

Step 2: List all the information about your Bronco over <~~~~there like i did (underneath your name)

Step 3: Learn your Bronco before you attempt to modify it. We can't tell you just from you saying "it looks like it's lifted" if it is in fact lifted or not, get a supermotors account and post some pics of it. There are tags on your drivers side door that will tell you everything you need to know about it.

Step 4: Introduce yourself in the introductions section and in your Chapter, i am sure there are some people in your chapter that can help you find a mechanic.

Step 5: Try to help yourself prior to asking for help. The search function is very good if used correctly. Try searching the site for an answer prior to starting a new thread, the topic you are going to ask has more than likely been covered here before.

Step 6: Pick up a Haynes Manual, or Chilton's, or in my case, i picked them both up. There are also service CD's available from some of the members, you can never have too much information about your Bronco.

Step 7: Enjoy your Bronco. I am sure you didn't buy it for fuel efficiency, and you didn't buy it because it's so aerodynamic.
SEARCH NOOB!!! Oh yeah what he said^^^^^^Also,Welcome to FSB:thumbup :beer

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Just from what you posted under your name, i can tell you this much.

If it is a 1994 Eddie Bauer you have:

A E4OD transmission attached to a BW1356 Transfer case that is automatic push button. Your probably connected to a Dana 44 TTB axle up front with a 8.8" axle in the rear, you may be lucky enough to have the 9" axle in the rear, you'd have to get pictures for us to know for sure. This is all listed in codes on the driver's side door sticker also.

You can tell what engine size you have by simply popping the hood, the plenum will be marked either 5.8 (a 351) or 5.0 (a 302).

The big problem with these broncos (at least the most common) is the shift motor for the transfer case, and getting it to shift into 4 wheel drive. There are a lot of threads about this subject and many more.

The more information you give us, the more we can help you. and welcome to the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts