Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year a built a 400m for my 78 bronco. when i got my block back from the machine shop they had forgot to put the hose connecting end back in the hole where the coolant comes out of the block for the A/C compressor. This hole is on the front passenger side of the block and does not have threads in it. I tried very long to find the right part but never did, so i used a metal hose end from an old gas tank and hammered it on there and put RTV all around it. Needless to say, it has now started leaking and i would like to fix it right this time. Does anyone know what this part is?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm not sure there has been a coolant line going from the block to the A/C compressor. Are you sure it's not the stock coolant temperature sensor port? Most of the ports are 3/8" NPT.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I believe he is looking for the nipple for the heater hose. It goes to the AC box not the AC compressor. Search for heater hose fitting or nipple.
Swamp

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Glad to help

·
OMF
2,930 Posts
What a good member James :haha

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
The hole is just the right size for a 1/2" NPT tap. I had the machine shop thread the hole so I could use a regular coolant nipple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts