Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
CRAP!
Why didnt i know this sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I *might* still be able to get one.
My buddy was supposed to be getting rid of his over the weekend. if he still has it, i can get it.
Also, there is a very good chance it has the lower gearset of the 2 AOD's, as his truck used to spin 35's rather easily w/ 3.55s in the rear.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Ok, i can get it.

The trans originally came from......an 89. yeah, im pretty sure it was an 89.
It was swapped into an 86 when the 89 was rolled, and now that the 86 is pretty much being done parted out, it got yanked out. I got the tcase from it friday, the trans is still on the floor in his garage.
The trans is in good shape, i think theres only 60k on it. It ran good, but the 86's body was pretty much destroyed, which is why it got parted out.
For a 302 w/ 3.55s and 35's, it had alot of power, and was pretty quick off the line (about as quick as my 351/C6/4.10/35" combo) so we're pretty sure that it has the lower 1st and second that some of the AODs had.

He opted for a new C6 for his new project instead of the AOD, so now it needs to go. I can probably get the trans this weekend. Cheap.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Looks like free :thumbup

He's (your bud) about an hour south of us. Ill find out when he has some free time (works two jobs) and let ya know. If anything, ill just swing by his house and grab it one day and he can get it from here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts