Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good places to by CB's and CB equipment in So cal? And no, I'm going going to Radio Shack (hate that place)... I'm trying to find a place that sells Cobra's. I know ebay has cheap prices, but I'm the kind of person who likes to buy things and be able to go somewhere and go off on someone if it does work and what not. :)

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
94 XLT 351 E4OD 4" Superlift 88 XLT AOD about to put on 4" Pro Comp lift
2,846 Posts
You could buy some CB stuff at Fry's Electronics.

·
Registered
105 Posts
78moneypit said:
Don't know about so cal shops i shop at www.copper.com thy are #1 in my book.:thumbup

ABSOFREAKINLUTELY

Every piece of "legal" radio equipment I have ever owned was bought through copper...great guys to deal with and pretty decent prices...

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Chris.. what's the place called?

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Used to be a place in Orange county called "The Solder Joint" and all they delt with was CB's and ham radio's. They were located in Orange, right off the 91 freeway, but don't know if they are still around. Best place I ever found in our area for CB stuff.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Guys.. Check Ebay. I bought a nice cobra (new) for alot cheaper. I did go to the Shack to get my trucker antenna which I mounted on my tire swing. It works awesome (for a CB). I think since your "probably" only going to use a CB for trail use it doesn't matter what brand it is. I got the PA option because I like to yell at people that cut me off. If your looking for something better get a HAM radio. I haven't gotten one yet but I am thinking about it more and more.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The antenna really doesn't make that huge of a difference. This comes from my dad, who is a HUGE HAM radio guy and even has one of those tuners for a CB antenna. The range you get with a CB isn't that far to begin with. As long as you pit the antenna in a good location and away from other antennas and things like a roof rack they will work fine. The firestick antennas have the sane ranges as a radio shack "trucker" antenna (the fiberglass ones) If you get the mounting kit (for the truck mirror) and then go to home depot and get 4 linger bolts, the mount will bolt to your tire swing perfectly. Just run your coax up the pass side of the truck behind the plastic and into the dash or wherever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts