Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls,

I live in Macon.

Im looking for place to take my bronco and my 4wheeler...
or my bronco and my canoe. The big thing is distance, Id like to find places that are not too far away.

Just looking for easy wilderness trail riding, nothing too intense. Im not opposed to some mud but im not trying to sink my truck either.

Im very interested in trails near rivers, especially with places where camping is an option.
I know how to clean up after my self and respect the environment.

Im up for any suggestions.
Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Ill look into these suggestions.

Audra, I grew up in WR...moved to Macon to go to Mercer and Ive settled down here since then. I just picked up my bronco a couple months ago...wanted one for years. That is quite a bronc collection you have.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. Still going to Mercer?

Nope. graduated in 07'...working in macon for a consulting engineering firm now. Im trying to find some time to go fishing/camping/wheeling/canoeing but its a lot harder in the work world than it was in college.
So, you have homes in both WR and Dublin?

Anymore of you guys from the Macon/WR area?

·
FSM Lifetime
4,609 Posts
There is one guy in Macon, otherwise we're it. I see dozens of broncos and I've even left FSB flyers on them but no one stays around long.

I graduated from Mercer with my bachelors in accounting and again this year with my masters. and yep homes in both cities. The one in WR is for sale.

What kind of degree do you have? Engineering? and if so what discipline?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive got an environmental engineering degree and I work as a civil engineer.
(environmental is a hybrid of sorts; it includes aspects of chemical, biological, and civil)

Ive left a few FSB flyers too...I dont know if any of them have joined up or not.

Were you going the macon campus too? I still live pretty close to Mercer, right downtown.

What took you out to dublin?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
there's no 4 wheelers allowed at RiverRock, tho.

Durhamtown is a great place to take your 4 wheeler. I take my King Quad up there pretty often.
www.durhamtown.com
Let me know next time you are up there. I ride up there pretty often and am probably about to start working EMS up there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Durhamtown sounds pretty nice...Ive got a place in Eatoton as well so thats half-way there. Ill make sure to update this thread when I get the chance to make it up there.

Mudslinger, Im interested in some easy mud...if it takes me somewhere cool, like to a river or a good camp spot.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Hey Jacobcakes,

I live in Macon. I lived in WR until I was 10. A semi-cool place to take your 4wheeler is Coloden,GA. (not sure how to spell it) Its like an off-road park. Most of my buddies went to Mercer. Some were in the engineering program. Do you know Austin Walker, Ant(Tiger Woods), or Joel Paine?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Durhamtown sounds pretty nice...Ive got a place in Eatoton as well so thats half-way there. Ill make sure to update this thread when I get the chance to make it up there.

Mudslinger, Im interested in some easy mud...if it takes me somewhere cool, like to a river or a good camp spot.
it takes u to a river but theres alot of deep mud/water

·
FSM Lifetime
4,609 Posts
finally some people from around here :thumbup i live in warner robins i wish i could help u with a wheeling spot but i only know of a couple spots to go boggin
Finally? LOL You just joined this website :p I've been waiting in Warner Robins for years for anyone else to join. I'm still there just about every week.

Ive got an environmental engineering degree and I work as a civil engineer.
(environmental is a hybrid of sorts; it includes aspects of chemical, biological, and civil)

Ive left a few FSB flyers too...I dont know if any of them have joined up or not.

Were you going the macon campus too? I still live pretty close to Mercer, right downtown.

What took you out to dublin?
I went to the Macon campus for my B.S. degree and the Atlanta campus for my masters.

A really good job and avoiding my freaky stalker ex husband prompted the move. :beer

·
Premium Member
1996 FSB
547 Posts
I live in WR too. I just joined here but have only been on like two times. I met some of you guys at river rock and checked this site out after talking to some of you. I have been on ford truck world for like 5 years now. I know of some trails that lead to the river and lets you camp and fish. The road can get pretty nasty if it rains alot but most of the time its not bad. For atv places Culloden is very fun. I was out there every time they where open but I have since sold my atv.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts