Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done the search and either the search engines don't like me or something. I am building a 79 bronco rock crawler with 4 link rear 14bolt and D60 front running 42" pitbull rockers.

what I forgot to do before tearing it down to the frame was measure the ride height at frame (I know, dumb move). I am looking for stock height and 4" lift with 35's. I know that there will be some variations but I can take what I get and use the average of the two. basically, I am trying to run a low ride height with the tires I have. there will be sheet metal being cut that's for sure.

thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow 60+ people have looked at this post but no one has posted any heights or anything. Could use some measurements thought:thumbup

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the information. after reading through it, not quite what I was looking for. I am looking for the measurement from the frame to the ground behind the radius arm mounts and in front of the front spring mounts. basically, the middle of the frame. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Looking at the spec's listed I'm going to say the the frame height at the middle of the door where the Ramp Breakover Angle (RBA) intersect is 9.6".

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would get you where the body would hit not the frame. I did happen to read the sheet and seen that.

I know that the frame is not as low as the body but not sure how much.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should have said FRAME HEIGHT

Ok I guess I should have said frame height in the title. Doesn't matter since there was very limited response.

For anyone that would care, I actually found a stock 79 bronco and was able to get the measurement that I was looking for. The height behind the radius arm mount and the front leaf spring mount is 16" more or less. Close enough for what I need.:armed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for posting your findings I just bought a bronco that doesn't look stock height and was wondering what lift was on it. Can you tell me what size tires the bronco you measured had?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts