Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHEAP!!!! or free:toothless 8.8 to run in my BKO.

my snapped axleshaft is a bit more serious....its a broken pinion, carrier, and ????

Gear ration is of no concern...just must be decent enough to run on for a short time while I decide what to do.... I got 2 BKOs and now neither are road worthy...:cry and the 'Burb is still under the knife with broken leaf springs...

maybe I shouldn't be allowed near mechanical parts ...just like tires....:histerica

if you want to loan me the axle I'll return it :popc1:

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
In a couple of weeks I'll have an 8.8.. (I just need to have my 5:13 gears installed and then put the 9" under the bronco..)

You can have it.. I'll have no need for it, and trying to sell and 8.8 is stupid..

·
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vic- I'll take it. just let me know when its avail.

I know its gonna be better than the busted POS I'm sitting on now....

:thumbup

this would be the 2nd 8.8 I've busted....this is by far the worst time.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Cam just had his pulled out of his yesterday. He probably just left it with the shop where he had the 9" installed. You might want to give him a call.

·
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did. we talked...

Not cheaper than free... and isnt the correct ratio to make it worth it to me.

besides...I'm rethinking the selling of the rig. so an 8.8 isn't my ideal rear end anyway....neither is a 9".

·
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did just finish the 'Burb spring swap so I can get the BKO to the bay.

I now know what the "rust belters" go thru working on their rigs. ugh!

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I'm really laggin on the gears.. I have the gears, install kit, and 3rd member removed.. I just need to pay my friend 100 bux and have him do the gears..

Though I do need drums and shoes for it to.. <sigh>

Does anyone know if the drivesaft will work? I've been hearing about the driveshaft length being a problem, but nothing concrete.

·
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
replied over on the other site...Crawler.
would be better option than Vics as I need a complete axle to run on....plus I know the axle will work with the drive shaft..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts