Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the title says it all..I'm flying out of Sacramento tommorow headed to the DFW area. Anyone have any local Bass ponds I could hit up? I'm also looking for some good places to grub. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sean

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I heard Lavon Lake, just east of there, used to be a good fishing spot, but that was years ago. Don't know what the fishing is like now, but I've heard the lake level has gone down.

Lake Lewisville is southwest of McKinney and is also been known as a good fishing spot. It's bigger than Lavon Lake, too. It is north of the town of Lewisville along I-35E.

Grapevine Lake is also southwest of McKinney and supposedly good for fishing. It's by the town of Grapevine and fairly close to the Bass Pro "Outdoor World" Shop. It's just north of the DFW Airport.

As for good eating, I'm not that familiar with that part of the DFW metroplex to know what's good up there. Hopefully someone else from the northern hinterlands of DFW will chime in and give you some good suggestions.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I found out my sister has a guided trip to Lewisville.She knew some guy that comes into her bar and she mentioned I wanted to do some Texas bass fishing so he offered. I just wish I knew the name she said cause I'd like to look him up.

So what about wataburger?(Sp) I have heard they have a good burger? But I'm actualy lookin to find a good bbq place.I guess ill just find out when I get there.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Whataburger burgers are OK, but if you're used to the In and Out Burgers in Cali, they're not that great. The best burgers are the double-steak burgers with cheese from Steak and Shake, a 50's style chain restaurant from Indiana. Their shakes are pretty damn good, too. Another good burger place is Angry Dog in Deep Ellum by downtown Dallas, but that may be too far of a drive from McKinney.

As far as BBQ goes, the Dallas area, surprisingly enough, is lacking in good BBQ. However, the Hard 8 in Coppell, Red, White and Hot Memphis-style BBQ on 75 and Walnut Hill in Dallas, and Evans BBQ in DeSoto (south of Dallas and probably too far of a drive) are a few good ones. I've heard Rudy's BBQ in Denton is supposed to be good, too, but I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh I like my In-n-out that's for sure, so looks like I might have to hit the steak and shake.I'm always down to try some new places so that's cool.

Thanks for the heads up!
Sean

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Whataburger burgers are OK, but if you're used to the In and Out Burgers in Cali, they're not that great. The best burgers are the double-steak burgers with cheese from Steak and Shake, a 50's style chain restaurant from Indiana. Their shakes are pretty damn good, too. Another good burger place is Angry Dog in Deep Ellum by downtown Dallas, but that may be too far of a drive from McKinney.

As far as BBQ goes, the Dallas area, surprisingly enough, is lacking in good BBQ. However, the Hard 8 in Coppell, Red, White and Hot Memphis-style BBQ on 75 and Walnut Hill in Dallas, and Evans BBQ in DeSoto (south of Dallas and probably too far of a drive) are a few good ones. I've heard Rudy's BBQ in Denton is supposed to be good, too, but I haven't tried it yet.
hes right, all the good bbq is in fort worth

thats one of many reasons fort worth is better than dallas :goodfinge

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well so far i tried Snuffer's and im gonna say i was not impressed. My cousin was like "yall got to try the cheddar fries" so i did and i got a bacon cheese burger. I think tuesday night were all going to 3 forks, are they any good?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hmm, never heard of Snuffers or 3 Forks, but then again, the DFW area has more restaurants per capita than most other places, so that's not surprising. Either way, hope you enjoy your stay here.

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
Hmm, never heard of Snuffers or 3 Forks, but then again, the DFW area has more restaurants per capita than most other places, so that's not surprising. Either way, hope you enjoy your stay here.
snuffers is ok.... not anything to go out of one's way for. I've always heard that 3 forks is really good, but I've never been there to know for sure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
lake ray roberts is a good lake for stripped bass. just cast out a shad net and us em' as bait, bass go crazy.

its already tues. night but three forks is a good place. rudy's of thirty-five is a nice lil place too.
if you plan on going fishing at lewisville one hot spot is right under the highway and railroad bridge that is on thirty-five between lewisville and hickory creek. but thats only if your fishing from the shore...

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you go to Lake Lewisville then to eat you should go to Nick's Pizza and Pasta. Exit Justin Road (FM 407) and it's at McGee Ln and 407 in Highland Village.

Rudy's is good, up in Denton on I35 and... Teasley... maybe?

There's really no shortage of good places to eat around here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts