Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what years to avoid ,5.0 or the 5.8 v-8 looking for a 4x4 seen broncos on craigslist for 2-8k bucks.whats a good year to look for anything common on the broncos to look for.ive owned 4x4 before looking for a daily driver to take camping,drive to work go 4 wheelin in northern calif

·
Low Buck Bum
3,543 Posts
I would avoid anything pre '97, that way you can get the highest quality for your money.:thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
I would avoid anything pre '97, that way you can get the highest quality for your money.:thumbup
if the guy is looking for a bronco and eliminated anything pre-97 then you've eliminated all broncos as they stopped making them in 96. i have a 93. i like the styling of the 92-96 models. a lot of comes down to what you're looking for. if i had it to do again i'd get a 90-91. not all the electronic computer controlled crap but still EFI. if you want an auto you wont find it behind a 5.8 unless you do the swap yourself. i personally like the 5.8's for the extra power/torque.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
lot of guys like MAF, and only the later years had that feature, but it can be swapped in with some modifications. couple years had swiss cheese frame (early 1980s maybe?), not sure off the top of my head which, but someone will hopefully post it up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
what years to avoid ,5.0 or the 5.8 v-8 looking for a 4x4 seen broncos on craigslist for 2-8k bucks.whats a good year to look for anything common on the broncos to look for.ive owned 4x4 before looking for a daily driver to take camping,drive to work go 4 wheelin in northern calif
For all around best ride & drivability the 96 Eddie Bauer is the way to go they drive great & go great in the sand with stock 351w. Forget the 302 for sure.

I miss my 96 Eddie but traded it fir a 76 Bronco Sport, Here it is on the sand.

Great all around truck. But on the other end of the spectrum here is the 94 Monster Bronco daily driver. Just about done with the SAS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys i was looking at some od the eddie bauer edditions,most of the broncos have 100-190k miles on em some have rebuilt engines ,1995-1996 sounds good ill start looking for a decent bronco

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
96 Bronc is the most advanced technically....obviously and probably in the best shape of any simply because of age.
Make sure the body and frame are solid...no rot. No oil burning for sure. Smooth shifting auto. Maybe get Carfax on it. A reputable owner will have one.

And when you get it pamper and primp it and it will love you:toothless Not like a Jeep:doh0715:

·
Low Buck Bum
3,543 Posts
if the guy is looking for a bronco and eliminated anything pre-97 then you've eliminated all broncos as they stopped making them in 96.
It. Was. A. Joke.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I went with a 95' because in Chicago, anything after 96 is required to pass emissions. I also HIGHLY suggest getting the 5.8L if you want the V-8. I would get the 300 I-6 if you are considering the 5.0L.

·
Registered
189 Posts
LOL:histerica

·
Registered
49 Posts
;)

I would avoid anything Ford, and recommend an 4.0L Jeep Cherokee.

Seriously though, a daily-driver bronco will cost a bundle in fuel. :banghead
A smaller 4x4 might be a better choice, how about a SmallSizeBronco SSB?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jeep grand cherokee i didnt think of those, i was looking at wranglers and yj,kinda small . yeah didnt think about gas, thanks ill buy a jeep

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
If you get a 302, there are a bunch of gas sasving mods that you can do. I have not seen as many for the 351 or the 300. But the 300 will get the best MPG.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
jeep grand cherokee i didnt think of those, i was looking at wranglers and yj,kinda small . yeah didnt think about gas, thanks ill buy a jeep
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE SUCKS!!!! :twak:barf Period!!! I had a ZJ Limited and it was awesome looking but was the biggest POS I ever owned in my life. I actually got afraid to drive it anywhere cuz shit would just fall off of it or it would blow something. Chrysler uses the cheapest shit in their vehicles...at least older ones. My advice is stay away from Jeeps unless you want to completely rebuild or modify everything.

Oh and the engine got maybe 11 mpg before it blew the headgasket.:banghead

Broncos are badass!!:thumbup

1 - 20 of 30 Posts